No announcement yet.
X

Bike comunications

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

on the XBi can you talk to more then one person?
    Shinny side up!

Comment

You can pair multiple units yes
      I am a Penn State fanatic.
      Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Ive done some reacher and I do beleive that the XBi IS a bluetooth unit but I am sure it is not a bike to bike communication system. It is a rider to passengercommunication device. Although you can hook-up different devices to that one unit ie MP3 player, Phone, GPS unit and the passenger unit it does not say that you can hookup biker to biker. This is what is said directly from www.chatterboxusa.com itself. Wth the Xi unit you have all the same features including the bluetooth part and your are also able to have bike to bike communication with who ever has the unit and are on the same channel.
        Last edited by sportbikemike; 04-09-2009, 04:59 PM.
        Shinny side up!

Comment

It will connect to another blue tooth system. So if someone else has a XBi it will connect to that and you can chat to them.

Xi or XBi.....whatever. XBi does not have near the range of the Xi due to it being ONLY bluetooth. But you can connect to other blue tooth communication devices such as the Xi or another....

For me personally I will ever normally connect to the wife on her bike or on the back of mine. I use it more for phone calls that I might get but really it is for streaming music from my phone.....

Comment

So there is no misunderstanding and to be clear to all that reads this post, there is a major difference between the Xi and the XBi. The Xi communicates with other Xi systems using a radio wave and therefor you have the five mile range. The Xi also has a bluetooth so that you can hookup a phone, MP3 player,radar, etc. but you can not hookup to other bluetooth units. The XBi IS bluethooth only and thus the short range and you can only hookup to one (1) other bluetooth XBi unit. This why this is a intercomm system. Although its great for a passenger and rider its not so good for bike to bike. If you did want to use it for bike to bike then you would have to be close to each other in order to do so. I bought the Xi system because I go on rides with sometimes 30 other bikes and its nice to be able to talk to who ever has the same unit.
            Shinny side up!

Comment

haha, unless you start talking about one of the guys your'e riding with and he goes "um...we can ALL hear each other."

Comment

lol
                Shinny side up!

Comment

I was inerested in this Scala Rider Q2 also.
                  2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                  Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                  "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                  Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                  Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                  "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Sport - Not sure how many people enjoy talking to numerous people at once while riding. The largest my "talking" group would get would possibly be three (me, wife, and father in law) I could use intercom for one and blue tooth phone to talk to other.

It is still a bike to bike comm unit as I can talk to someone on another bike with an XBi should they be within about 1/4 mile. Good enough for me and I woudl assume multiple others....

Comment

hey comm gurus, I have a quick question.

The girl and I are considering taking ALOT of trips this summer, and her main complaint is that we cant talk back and forth while riding.

I want something with a quality mic, but...im trying to find something that I can use earbuds with? I want to be able to talk and HEAR, but I cant ride for very long without earbuds in or my ears bleeeeed with pain.

Are there any that just have a headphone jack instead of "acceptable" speakers? I would Love a chatterbox if I could just plug in some skullcandy earbuds (make a slight vaccum on your ear, at 80 I can hear cars passing..but i can hear music crystal clear) and I would love to be able to take advantage of that with a comm system instead of saying "....WHAT?!?!? fifteen times while going down the highway".

Comment

You know you can wear ear plugs with speakers........

However if you wanted to go your route you do know you could just splice into the wires that supply the speakers with sound and such right? Just cut off the speakers and wire in your own buds.

Most of the jacks I have seen incorporate the mic in with the speakers/headset so you would not be able to just plug and play

Comment

try looking into a place called earbuds.com and they make an adapter for the chatterbox to use with you ear buds at the price of about 60.00. I learned of them through a motorcycle show last year.
                          Shinny side up!

Comment

Originally posted by soulpatch View Post
                            Sport - Not sure how many people enjoy talking to numerous people at once while riding. The largest my "talking" group would get would possibly be three (me, wife, and father in law) I could use intercom for one and blue tooth phone to talk to other.

It is still a bike to bike comm unit as I can talk to someone on another bike with an XBi should they be within about 1/4 mile. Good enough for me and I woudl assume multiple others....
                            I'm looking into something like this now.. It is my understanding the xBi can work 'bike-to-bike' as you mentioned assuming the other bike is close enough (not a problem), but only one other bike and the xBi2 can pair up to three bikes travelling close enough (or rider, passenger, & second bike). Does this align with your understanding?
                            -2000 "750"

Comment

Holy thread back from the dead.

I'll throw in my .02. I bought the Q2 set up, and like it. Would buy it again if I had to do it over.
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                                I'm looking into something like this now.. It is my understanding the xBi can work 'bike-to-bike' as you mentioned assuming the other bike is close enough (not a problem), but only one other bike and the xBi2 can pair up to three bikes travelling close enough (or rider, passenger, & second bike). Does this align with your understanding?
                                Yup. My understanding exactly

Comment

Working...
                                X