X

GMax Helmets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMax Helmets

Hey I was looking at this really cool Gmax helmet online and I like all the features but I'm not familiar with the brand. Anyone know how that stack up? how safe they are or how protective they are? all it says on the description is that it's DOT-218
    1999 Katana 750

If thats the one with the rear LED's? than I read a couple of good reviews on it.

Comment

i think it is, one of the models offers that. I'm just wondering how protective they are compared to other brands
      1999 Katana 750

Comment

some are DOT and some are SNell/Dot

Comment

I bought one last year and ended up selling it along with my CBR. That thing was one of the biggets POS helmets I have ever tried on....
          Ron
          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

I have had several different brand of helmets over the years and I like my GMax the most. The ventaltion is great during the summer and closing the vents during cold weather keeps my heat warm. I really like the fit on mine as well. But that is just my opinion. I guess it depends on what you like.

Comment

i have the one with leds in the back, i love it, very comfortable A+++

Comment

Ya, I got the GM-68 for summer riding out here. Need all the cooling I can get when it is 105*. Nice features for the price...but I like my Icon better.
                2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                BMC Notorious 918 HT
                2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

Which is the model that has the LED lights in the back?
                  1999 Katana 750

Comment

I really like mine; it's not great for winter though.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dfurgi View Post
                      Which is the model that has the LED lights in the back?
                      the gm-68 or gm68s

I love my gmax but thats because it actually fits my slightly odd head shape, really comfortable, and it moves lots of air when you want it too.

it was also 2007 helmet of the year by web bike world( i think that's the site)

For $107 I couldn't pass it up and I'm gladd I didn't

Comment

I have one and love it. I will buy another eventually.

Comment

I have the GM68S in matte black. I has the led's on the back. The deal at the local dealer was the helmet, a clear and tinted shield, and a helmet cover (bag) for $119. I've been pleasantly surprised considering I only got it because I really needed a helmet for my new bike. The fit and finish are good. And plenty of ventilation for the hot Memphis days coming up. No complaints so far.

Comment

Working...
                          X