X

smelly leathers , how to cope .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by md86 View Post
    Ok , but this all begs the question ..... How exackery you 'posed to get said chemical down in the pants legs . I mean , kinda hard to turn leather pants inside-out & all ..... I'll just keep riding in the rain once in a while .
    "Up your nose with a rubber hose"
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by gazoo View Post
      i have a pair of alpine stars leathers and truly enjoy wearing them for the protection they offer , but riding in the heat after a while ( a few months ) and they truly stink of sweat .
      I managed to get a helmet so that it was so stinky, I hated to wear it. (Richmond, Va and 103 degree weather will do that...) After trying thing after thing, Febreze AntiMicrobal was the ONLY thing that would get the stank out. The helmet laughed at normal Febreze.

Try it next time instead of sending the leathers out for a cleaning.

Comment

alot of funny stories ! lol! i 'll try to remember all this .

Comment

I have to admit, that it is probably getting to be time for a new helmet because of the stank.

Originally posted by steves View Post
          "Up your nose with a rubber hose"
          Appropriate answer from Vinnie Bobarino, one of the "sweat hogs."

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
          If you like the underarmor idea but want to save a few bucks go to wal mart and buy starter underarmor, it works great and less $$
          Underarmor is expensive as heck. I spent over $500 at their outlet in Florida earlier this year to make sure I'd have enough hot & cold gear for all year round....I wish I'd known that Wal-mart makes the same stuff.
          Last edited by Londob5; 03-31-2009, 12:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          -
          -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

My fat truck-driving father-in-law borrowed my leather jacket and helmet to go meet his girlfriend. They both came back smelling of old man sweat and I was devistated. It was putrid. I emptied half a can of Glen 20 into the jacket and helmet and then hung them out to air. Got rid of the smell which I'm so very happy about.

Comment

Originally posted by the_wanderer View Post
              I managed to get a helmet so that it was so stinky, I hated to wear it. (Richmond, Va and 103 degree weather will do that...) After trying thing after thing, Febreze AntiMicrobal was the ONLY thing that would get the stank out. The helmet laughed at normal Febreze.

Try it next time instead of sending the leathers out for a cleaning.
              I like to soak my hat in the sink with some baby shampoo once in a while for that . Had it 4 or 5 years , and it ain't that stinky
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
                I wish I'd known that Wal-mart makes the same stuff.

Several brands make knock off versions. A few years ago, a friend of mine bought a shirt from several stores including underarmour. I remember he said that the Underarmour was the best, and either the walmart or target store brands were "so bad it's like being in a fight."
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                X