X

Cleaning my helmet liner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning my helmet liner

Hey guys - does anyone have any tips on cleaning the inner liner of one's helmet? I have an HJC AC-11 with removable liner, and I think it's about time for a cleaning.

According to their website, HJC says to machine wash and let it air dry - but they don't go into any specifics, such as:

- Do I use laundry soap? Or just run it through with water?
    - What temperature of wash/rinse should I use? Or does it not matter?
    - Do I leave out the fabric softener that I would normally put in for regular clothes?

...those kind of concerns. Any help would be great

PS - I did do a search, but all I found was how to clean the exterior of the helmet, not the inside cushioning.
    "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

I always just hand washed mine with laundry soap. I don't know why, I guess just to make sure it didn't get tore up, and doesn't hardly take any time at all is probably why.... But, if it says machine wash, I would imagine just use cold water, soap, then air dry it?
    2002 R1
    Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

Ive washed mine before, using laundery soap, and then let it air dry.. Never had a problem. I actually do wash it out a couple times a riding season because it gets so hot and sticky outside in the summer.

Comment

this will sound strange but i through mine in the wash with my girlfriends unmentionables bucause if they don't get ruined why should mine.

Comment

Hmm, okay - based on the replies, here's the plan:

- Gather as much under-garments as I can find around the apt, and throw them in with my helmet liner.
          - Put in appropriate amount of laundry soap, and machine wash/rinse on cold/cold so there is no shrinkage of any kind.
          - Set machine to the "hand wash" setting as to be gentle.
          - Skip fabric softener simply because it is not needed.
          - When done, pull out liner and let air dry, and throw remaining clothes in dryer.

... sounds good to me.
          "Pleasant experiences make life enjoyable, painful experiences lead to growth" - cheap Chinese fortune cookie

Comment

I just toss mine in with the colors and let it air dry .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Everything went A-Okay. No need to be alarmed :P

Comment

Working...
              X