X

Boots that run wide?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots that run wide?

I put up that other thread about the possibility of those Nitro boots..however after hitting the local dealer today, the sport ones fit fine in the the foot, but the calf is just not gonna work. The racing ones, the second pair I posted up, fit better, but were definately snug against the calf..not enough room to be able to tuck my pant cuffs into them, and going a size bigger would make them flop around on my foot I think..so anyhow, whats the best reasonably priced boot that runs alittle wider around the calf?

A couple of the Italian racing boot firms make boots in wide sizes (usually special order), or you can visit an industrial or military boot outlet and find suitable leather/steel boots that are the right size (but aren't really "riding" boots per se). If you have a CycleGear store in your area, they may be able to transfer in special sizes from elsewhere for you to test.

Aside from that, I don't have any info for you... It's part of the reason I ride with WW2 Tanker Boots...

Cheers
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Are those US tankers or German tankers? i kid

Comment

Those are pretty slick CP !!!

I found a pair of JR blaster boots on ebay, great price.. and I put in a max bid w/ 10 seconds to go and got outbid by 1.00!!! :

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
          Are those US tankers or German tankers? i kid
          US -- actually, they were designed originally by General Patton in response to his tanker troops complaining about the design of standard boots for use in the tanks -- impossible to tie, issues with laces catching on fire, need for support against impacts. They make great riding boots IMHO (Steel Toe, Stainless Steel Bottom Plate, Ankle Covers and Internal Metatarsal Guard), although I will readily acknowledge that they wouldn't stand up to a Sidi Vertebre in comparison.

The company that still makes them (HH Brown) also makes Honda-branded riding boots.

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X