X

Visor fogging

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visor fogging

Just wondering what you do to stop the dreaded visor fog up? Sprays, Masks, etc.. and have you found anything that really works well.
    R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

I have 1 of those velcro in breath guards on my HJC and it works pretty well
    "You're going to learn to dicipline your image. You think I got where I am today because I dressed like Peter Pan here? Take a look at what I'm wearing people. You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it."

Comment

I usually just crack my visor open a notch. I pretty much have it open a notch all the time anyway. I have yet to come across anything that works for any amount of time.
      speaking of fogging up....todays was a bitch doing my errands. it was pouring like hell, and my car is so air-tight that i could not keep my windows clear...they kept fogging up.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:07 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I usually just crack my visor open a notch. I pretty much have it open a notch all the time anyway. I have yet to come across anything that works for any amount of time.
        That's what I used to do. I had an x-speed helmet and used to ride with the visor cracked open a bit but I just bought an HJC CL-14 and if I go over 30 or 40 mph the visor snaps closed like a gators jaws,it's a real pain in the ass! I also find it fogs easier than my x-speed.
        R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

I bought one of those Repso Foggy masks that velcro into your helmet. It works very well in the rain or those cold early mornings.
          Kyle

Comment

I sneezed in mine once. That was a mess.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
              I sneezed in mine once. That was a mess.
              +1

Comment

well the best is to crack it, the next best is to spit on it, there is something in your spit that wont let it fog up as much, yes ill fog stil lbut half as bad, scuba divers know what im talking about, it works great when i ref hockey games and i do it on my bike as well

Comment

A few weeks ago i picked up a Progrip 3000 anti-fog visor lens ( http://www.progrip.com/default.asp?tip=9&ite=gog ). It sticks onto the inside of the visor. Cost me $30 (AUD) and it's one of my best damn investments to date. You could boil a kettle inside my helmet now & still see through the visor!! (mind you, i haven't actually tried that...) I do a LOT of night riding and fair bit of wet weather riding and quite honestly, given it's effectiveness, I'd probably have been willing to pay several times that price for the convenience it offers. It also has a light sensitive variable tint which is pretty nifty. In the sun it's dark enough to make things more comfortable if you're caught out without your shades, but light enough that you can wear them anyway without the world going black. At night it's very close to clear and helps to cut headlight glare. As you can probably tell by now, I highly recommend them to anyone who cares to listen.
                  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                  -Albert Einstein

Comment

do they fit all visors?? does it come in a sheet so you just have to cut the shape of your visor out? what color did u get?

Comment

I picked up the clear one, but mostly because that was what the shop kept in stock. I've never actually seen any of the coloured ones, although I'm sure I could have ordered one in.
                      They come in one standard size & one for Arai helmets. I have the standard on a medium size HJC Symax and it covers 95%+ of the visor. There is a thin strip around the edges that is not covered that you can fog form on while the rest of your visor stays perfectly clear. My other half wears a kiddies size HJC (she's rather petite) and I figure it might be a little too large for that. I imagine that it should fit most helmets just fine though, with the exception of some offroad visors with the goggle shape.
                      I've also heard of a few other brands, I think one was called "Fog City". I imagine that they work just as well.
                      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                      -Albert Einstein

Comment

Another 1 for the crack your visor lid open scenario too. Ive used rainx anti fog before on my visors, which worked really well for me.

Comment

Anyone have a link to the Repso Foggy mask?
                          > Vince <

05 Katana 600
                          97 Mustang GT
                          95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

i went to a local snowmobile store and got a can of anti fog for a few dollars and it works amazingly.

Comment

I use a Foggy mask. You can get it here.

http://helmetharbor.com/gear/respro/foggy_opening.htm.

Fast delivery and cheap also.

Comment

Working...
                              X