Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

If you ride with your kids, get an intercom.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you ride with your kids, get an intercom.

My 9 year old loves to ride with me, but since me and his mother split up last year, we havent had the chance to ride. We have put many miles on the Kat this week and I have to say that having the intercom, we didnt have it last time he rode with me, was a blessing. I like it with my adult passengers, but with my son, it was the greatest. Just wanted to throw that out there. If you want to ride with your kids and not sure how they handle the ride or you just want to re-asure them on the road, you cant beat an intercom. Well worth the money.
    2000 Kat 600
    "Fast Blue"
    Pic in Profile

Sounds great! What brand/model do you use?

Comment

+1 to that, I don't have one yet, but it would be great to have when the little guy is on the back.

He knows enough now not to bother talking unless we're at a stop light since I can't claring hear him once we're moving.
      Kyle

Comment

I have the Chatterbox HJC-50, full duplex, not voice activated. I guess that feature is up for debate, but I like it just fine and dont have any complaints.
        2000 Kat 600
        "Fast Blue"
        Pic in Profile

Comment

I do the opposite...I wear my helmet around the house just so I don't have to listen to badbilly and the girls

Comment

I tried that, but then they just throw stuff at me to get my attention.
            2000 Kat 600
            "Fast Blue"
            Pic in Profile

Comment

Originally posted by Range
              I do the opposite...I wear my helmet around the house just so I don't have to listen to badbilly and the girls

I want to get one bad but jeeeez $$$$$$

Anyone know a good cheap one?
              Wired is ok with me...

Comment

Been thinking about getting one also, Where did you get yours?
                R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Cycle Gear has a store here in Tulsa, you have to buy the head sets extra, they dont come with the Chatterbox. I spent about 130.00 for all of equipment.
                  2000 Kat 600
                  "Fast Blue"
                  Pic in Profile

Comment

I just bid on a Nady system with two headsets on Dennis Kirk's ebay store.. They have several starting at $40 I guess the FM radio doesn't work..

Comment

tell me more!
                      2000 Kat 600
                      "Fast Blue"
                      Pic in Profile

Comment

Why the hell do you think I do go riding LMAO

TO GET AWAY FROM THE K!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                        Who knows what is next?
                        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Finally got the Nady PMC-2X in the mail tonight. My 5 year old and I cruised around the neighborhoods on the Katana; it works great. We can both hear great and it is full duplex so you can both talk at the same time. We got up to 40 mph and no problems with wind noise.

The best part was that I picked it up new from Amazon.com - $49.99. You can connect an MP3 player, cell phone or two-way radio, too. What a bargain

Intercoms are the best with kids.

Comment

Good deal!!
                            I got the PMC-3 from Dennis Kirk for $40..
                            They were discounted because the FM radio didn't work.. Guess what? It does work!

Me and the boy havent tried it on the bike yet..
                            We just sat around the house with our helmets on
                            Good to hear it works well on the bike too..
                            Did you have any issues fitting the headsets into the helmets? (I just stuck them in to test it)
                            I was worried about the wries and all..

Comment

The best all round unit.. that we use up here in the cold north.. is made by a company called.
                              COLLET COMMUNICATORS

and.........they're on sale to boot.

Cheers

Buc
                              it's my opinion......that's what makes it mine..

Toronto Canada that is

Comment

Working...
                              X