new auto tint visor on the way...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new auto tint visor on the way...

Got this from blogs.motobiker.org.

It's not one of those stick ons that are currently available. The whole visor tints when in sunlight. Just like some of those eyeglasses. Here's their web address and article.

A.C.S.A.S. Technology Corporation is proud to introduce Sunshift™ visors the worlds first, fully patented, photochromic visors available for motorcycle helmets. Sunshift visors automatically adjust, lighten or darken, in direct proportion to the amount of sunlight present. Riders no longer need to carry an extra visor for night time use as the Sunshift™ visor takes the place of several visors. A.C.S.A.S. Technology Corporation has entered into an exclusive manufacturing partnership to bring photochromic technology to the crash helmet market at a price that is affordable to the average everyday rider. The visors “shift” from clear to 50% tint or as dark as a smoked visor in about 60-80 seconds and shift back to totally clear in under five minutes. A.C.S.A.S. Technology does not sell diretly to the public but the visors will be available shortly from several of your favorite manufacturers.

Now that I would buy. I have wanted a tinted shield for a while but I never know if I will be home by dark and I dont want to carry another shield.
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

I got one of the stick one photosensitive inserts for my visor and I really like it. I have not used it at night, but riding in tree lined areas where it could switch from full sun to total shading the insert works great. It also helps reduce fogging.

Do you know where you buy one of the full visor ones?

Comment

I'm not sure that they are the first to introduce this... I had an insert of this sort at one time a couple years ago which I tried -- found it had time-to-no-tint issues that I wasn't willing to deal with (such as pull into a brightly lit gas station to tank up or into a well-lit parking lot, and I'd have to drive visor-open for the time it took to go back to clear).

Still, it's a cool concept

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

that would be hella nice.
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

I could so use one of those.. hhmmmm

Comment

I'm interested. I've wanted a tinted visor, but find myself riding as much at night as I do in the day, it's never been worth the effort. But this visor, hmmm.....

Comment

I hope this works better than my fogcity insert, that thing doesn't even darken in sunlight anymore.
                Xbox Live Tag: Phrank80
                [Halo 2, Mech Assault 2, Capcom -vs- SNK]

Comment

Originally posted by JesterGfx
                  I'm interested. I've wanted a tinted visor, but find myself riding as much at night as I do in the day, it's never been worth the effort. But this visor, hmmm.....
                  exactly, but Im keepin my sunglasses just in case..

Comment

Originally posted by phrank80
                    I hope this works better than my fogcity insert, that thing doesn't even darken in sunlight anymore.
                    Oops posted under my brothers account

Comment

Cool stuff on that site. Maybe i will be able to chat on the phone while riding one day.

Pre 98's Rock!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&id=1593731870

http://www.myspace.com/bobbyma

Comment

Originally posted by CorpZ
                        Originally posted by phrank80
                        Oops posted under my brothers account
                        How long did your Fog City insert last? I have a Pro Grip insert and I have been happy with it, but then again it is pretty new.

Comment

I guess I would say it worked ok for about a year, then it started to suck. one thing it did was destroy the rubber seal around the faceshield. I think its better to just carry a clear one with you in case you need to ride at night it muchmore effective. The insert didn't help with the bright sun too much becasue it doesn't cover the whole thing and youu just end up having to move your head aroung trying to keep the sun from sneaking in from the top or sides.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
                            How long did your Fog City insert last?
                            3 Days... on my GF's helmet (she has her own bike). On the third day, headed into the mountains around the Gap (headed for Fontana) we hit a horridly hard & cold rain storm and the thing just started fogging up like crazy and wouldn't stop. Trashed it on the spot so she could see. Was a nice concept, but it just didn't cut it in the weather we hit.

Cheers
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

My progrip 3000 has performed admirably so far.
                              The instructions do say that it should be replaced yearly though.
                              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
                              -Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X