Joe Rocket tailbag question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Rocket tailbag question

Anyone know about this bag?

I am looking for something for small rides and to be able to go to the gym and to work. The most I need it to hold is a pair of tennis shoes, shirt, shorts , and a couple of small things. Think this would work? I'm really looking for a tailbag for this purpose. I don't know if I'd like a tankbag. Reccommend me a good tailbag if you know one. The backpack is getting old.

Thanks,
    Vince
    > Vince <

05 Katana 600
    97 Mustang GT
    95 GMC K2500 4x4

That looks pretty cool!
    Good price IMO..

My only question is: how well does it stay put??

Comment

What about this one. Looks good sized.
      > Vince <

05 Katana 600
      97 Mustang GT
      95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

I like how its expandable, a handy little feature.

Comment

I think Nelson/Rigg makes some nice bags. I have a set of black/yellow sport saddle bags that are real nice looking and built good.
          Check out this tail bag: http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...5&skuId=505653

Comment

Backpack and some bungee cords is fairly cheap .... Hey , I did that for a LONG time , and had enough space for some tools , pants , and a bag of groceries , so ...
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Just purchased the Motorbags one off Ebay. Looks like it should do the trick. I'll see when it gets here.
              > Vince <

05 Katana 600
              97 Mustang GT
              95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

I got a tank bag so I wouldnt have to keep carrying a backpack.. but now I use the tank bag and still use the backpack when getting groceries.

Comment

Yeah , you get used to a certain amount of space and start throwing in more and more stuff you "can't live without" , then you need MORE space for MORE stuff ! I have one saddlebagbag usually FULL (divided between both bags) of stuff I take on every ride just because , whereas before it was just a couple things stuffed in a backpack .

Comment

Well I got the tailbag today. I really like, BUT, I hate the way it's supposed to mount. I thought it bungeed to the passenger hand rails but it straps that go through the bottom and wrap around the seat with about 3-4 ft extra strap hanging out. And I can't seem to get it tight. I may try some bungees with it, but if I can't get it to secure properly, it's going back. Man I was hoping this would work.
                    Hey md86, how long are the bungees you used with your backpack?

Vince
                    > Vince <

05 Katana 600
                    97 Mustang GT
                    95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

I had a bunch of them , and I just used whatever held it down the best . Got a variety can of them in all different sizes , and a bungee web . THOSE are handy !

Comment

Bought some bungees today and they work perfect in securing this bag. Exactly what I was wanting. Looks like I'm keeping it. It's an excellent bag, just the straps they send with it suck.
                        > Vince <

05 Katana 600
                        97 Mustang GT
                        95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

Working...
                        X