Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Opinion Needed...Cortech Super Mini Tank Bag (Magnetic)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion Needed...Cortech Super Mini Tank Bag (Magnetic)

Anyone use this?

Or any other opinion's you may have on a small magnetic tankbag, simply to hold camera, cell phone, keys, wallet, baseball hat, snacks. This is not for overnight trips, but simple long day rides.

Requirements:

1) Does not block instrument panel/low profile
    2) Water resistant/rain cover included
    3) Super Strong magnets
    4) Map Pocket

Ironically, I just picked this up over the weekend. I LOVE IT! It meets all of your requirements with one additional plus (at least on the FZ1) I can open my gas cap and refuel without removing the bag. I also like the pocket near the handle, as it's a separate compartment that I can fit my camera into. That keeps it seperate from all my other stuff. I find it perfect for the little rides. I can fit my camera, wallet, smokes, cell phone, shades, and still have more room left. The map pocket is also removable, which is cool. Just keep in mind, it is a small bag, so the size of your map will be limited.

Comment

I like that. Like you said, perfect for a cell phone and a camera. Just what I need. Hook us up with a link.

Comment

Originally posted by Zukiman
        I like that. Like you said, perfect for a cell phone and a camera. Just what I need. Hook us up with a link.
        Cheapest I've seen online...

The Tour Master/Cortech Super Mini Magnetic Tank Bag is one of the most compact tank bags on the market, great for everyday use and carrying small items. The...

Comment

Looks like a nice bag. I may have to invest in one of those...
          Kan-O-Gixxer!
          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
          -Ohlins Susupension
          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by AHF
            Originally posted by Zukiman
            Cheapest I've seen online...

http://newenough.com/tour_master_cor...k_bag_page.htm
            Very cool 8)
            also as a reminder, if anyone here orders this bag at NewEnough.com, there is the Katriders Alliance!

Comment

Corey and I were at Dennis Kirks the other day, checking out some smaller tank bags. He eneded up picking up a very nice one, similar to that Cortech one, brand new for $23 bucks. I can't remember whcih one it was, but perhaps he can post a pic of it along with the item number incase anyone is interested.
              Kan-O-Gixxer!
              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
              -Ohlins Susupension
              -Various Other Mods

Comment

I've got this little Joe Rocket one. Mine is black but it also comes in red, blue, silver and costs about $50 CAD.

I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

I was just thinking that it looks alot like the jr manta bag, and then viola, I see kitkats post

yeah, those little bags are so handy for riding to work and such, or on trips when all u need is the wallet, phone and camera.

I use mine almost everyday

Comment

Originally posted by KitKat
                    I've got this little Joe Rocket one. Mine is black but it also comes in red, blue, silver and costs about $50 CAD.

I've been really pleased with the JR Mantas bag.
                    Holds just enough for day to day..
                    I paid 39 USD. I think I'm noticing a little fading.
                    I may start to use the rain cover when I leave it on the bike.

Comment

will the cortech hold a bottle of water ? I'm looking for a strap mount tank bag and I've been looking at this one or a nelson rigg mini strap mount http://www.extragear1.com/get_item_c...p-tank-bag.htm
                      Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                      Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

here is tje one I got from dennis kirk on friday.

PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
                        The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Originally posted by JACKAL
                          will the cortech hold a bottle of water ?
                          Technically, yes...you could squeeze a bottle of water in and get it zipped...but the JR is better suited as it's a bit longer than the TM.

Comment

Originally posted by AHF
                            Technically, yes...you could squeeze a bottle of water in and get it zipped...but the JR is better suited as it's a bit longer than the TM.
                            Thanks. Unfortunately the JR is only magnet mount and the triumph tank is plastic, hence the need for strap mount
                            Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                            Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by AHF
                              Thanks. Unfortunately the JR is only magnet mount and the triumph tank is plastic, hence the need for strap mount
                              Ahhhh, gotcha! Well, I managed to close the TM with a 20 ounce bottle of Diet Coke, and most water bottles are a bit shorter...so the TM could work for you...and it's made in strap mount.

Just for you Jackal...here's a pic with a 16 ounce bottle of Fruit 20 and plenty of room to spare.

Comment

Working...
                              X