X

Sunglasses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunglasses

Anyone have a brand of sunglasses they recommend for riding?

Thanks!

Well besides a tinted visor, which would be my reccomendation, I would use plastic sport glasses...just cause my helmet's a snug fit and generally pushes up against the ear rests on the side.

I've never used sunglasses to ride, but I guess if I did I would use my Bolle acrylex sunglasses cause they made for cycling and allow the sweat not to drip straight in your eye.

Comment

whatever fits under your HELMET
      Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I wear Native brand sunglasses. I have the Nano model, which has straight arms and interchangeable lenses. I bought them because they come with a lifetime guarantee. They even cover scratches.

Comment

I have presription sunglasses . But after Lasik , guess I will need another pair . I saw some in a bike magazine this month that got a pretty favorable review ...
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have used Serengeti Drivers for years.
            The tint isn't dark on the model I use
            (you could use them at night) but they are great. They really cut the glare and bring out the details. They are especially good on overcast days.
            I paid $80 for the first pair I had and $25 for a pair off E-bay (I lost the first pair) They do scratch easily though!

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaO215
              whatever fits under your HELMET
              yep +1 ... i dont have any perscription sunglasses I need to wear, and I sure aint spending an arm and a leg for oakleys.. so anything that fits under my helmet, is comfortable, and looks cool works for me.

Comment

i use EL CHEAPO glasses from the local bike place. they're like 10 bucks a pair. i have clear, yellow, and dark. when i don't wear my helmet, they work wonderfully. and since they're cheap, if they fall off, i'm not too worried. it sure beats losing a pair of oakleys. but my visor is tinted, so i usually just wear that all the time. its not too bad to see out of at night (unless there's mad bugs on it still...like there is now).
                if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

I also go wit the el cheapo lol.

Md86

"But after Lasik , guess I will need another pair"

I just had prk surgery in dec, its great to not be legaly blind anymore lol

Comment

ah my Bolle` fit perfect but thoes are perscription, and my oakleys fit well also, and so do my arnett's so just take your helmet to the mall and try them on lol

Comment

I have had my oakley's for many years, and love them. Fit under my helmet no problem. Price was a bit spendy, but the lenses are shatter proof. And I gota tell ya. I was never a believer in expensive sun glasses, buit I figured I would get something decent for out riding as I didn't want a tinted sheild at the time. I can't belive the clarity and difference of how well I could see with the Oakley's compared to gas station sun glasses that I had worn all those years prior to my current ones. I will never go back to Gas Station sun glasses unless it is something that I am using temporary to get my by.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

I wear prescription glasses not sunglasses.

i find that when i wear my uv protected sun glasses and any type of shield (clear or tinted) i get shadows and such in the lenses and makes some thigns hard to see. so i went with a mirrored visor and use regular glasses. If i know i am going to be out at night i pack my clear shield in my bag just in case.
                        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Lou brings up a good point about higher end sunglasses. The optical clarity is much better if you spend a few extra bucks. Another issues is UV protection. I have read that the cheapo sunglasses use a cheap UV coating that wears quickly. That means that your eye is actually getting more UV damage because the dark lenses dilate your eyes, but still allow UV to enter.

Personally I do not think that Oakley's are worth the money. It seems that you pay a lot for flashy advertising. I really like Bolle. Although now I have Native sunglasses and I have been happy with them.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                            I was never a believer in expensive sun glasses, buit I figured I would get something decent for out riding as I didn't want a tinted sheild at the time. .
                            I have found that $60-$80 sunglasses last me longer then 6-8 pair of cheap ones.. The bonus was replacing the lost pair (I had them for 8 years) for cheap on e-bay!

Comment

I usually get a bunch from the dollar store. This way I always have a pair when I need them. I have them in all of my cars, my back pack, jacket pockets. They get messed up I toss them, someone else driving with me need a pair they can keep them. Works for me
                              92 Katana 600 Project bike
                              Some assembly required is my middle name!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X