No announcement yet.
X

Sunglasses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a very nice set of Oakleys (they better be very nice, freaking expensive as all heck!) that I wear pretty much all the time, and they fit under my helmet just fine.

I've found that I tend to lose cheap sunglasses quite often, so I bought a pair of Oakleys a while back, figured maybe if I bought an expensive pair I'd take care of them and be sure not to lose them. I had them for about 6 years before I finally broke them this past summer. Bought an new pair & have been using them ever since
    Nick www.naskie18.com Googletalk: naskie18 AIM: naskie18

Comment

I wear a pair of Dragon "Box" Sunglasses. They're wraparound and provide good wind protection when the visor is up. They're also the only glasses I've found that look right on me. I have three pairs, 2 different colors. I bought the first one for like $70 3 years ago. The other two I picked up, one cheap on ebay and the other at a clearence sale. I take really good care of them in case they're discontinued.
      92 Katana 600, Full Jardine Exhaust.

Welcome to Florida, 11 Curves in 318 Miles

Comment

I had a pair of oakleys and a pair of bole's that I used to wear all the time on the bike. But reacently they have both come up missing. I guess that is what I get for hanging out with a mexican.
        PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
        The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Ray Ban Predators. Great glasses, cheap price online. Just make sure you get something that doesn't have sharp points on the ends of the posts so they don't rip the lining of your helmet.
          Nobody looks back on his or her life and wishes they had spent more time at work.

Comment

Originally posted by UFO8MyCow
            I had a pair of oakleys and a pair of bole's that I used to wear all the time on the bike. But reacently they have both come up missing. I guess that is what I get for hanging out with a mexican.
            I don't remember stealing those.... Doesn't mean I didn't do it though. There are lots of things I do that I don't remember.
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

I wear Wiley-X. They was free.
              Know your means and then ride within them.

Comment

Almost always Ray-Ban wayfarers.

What I look for:
                G15 lens tint. This greenish tint tends to maximize distance perception and reduce glare. Many manufacturers have a G15 tint varient.
                100% UV protection in UV-A, UV-B, etc.
                Side-view coverage. Looking for something that isn't going to let unfiltered light come in the side while my eyes are dilated from the sunglasses if possible...
                If they are mirrored or otherwise coated, I'm looking for a true metal vapor coating (such as a titanium coating), which means microscopic metal mist is laid down on the lenses -- and the metal reduces the total light inbound without distorting the image due to the small droplet size. My titanium visor is made this way. I don't want a metallic-look plasticine film on the lenses...

Living in Florida, I often ride with both my titanium visor AND a set of sunglasses together... It gets damn bright outside during the day

PS - Figure out what you want, then shop prices online.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I got some polorized sunglasses that were free online (you pay shipping, which is kinda high).

I will NEVER go back. I work my Oakley M-Frame ones before, and today I tried them both on in some intense sunlight. To shorten the story, I will probably never wear my Oakley's again.

here is the site:

Comment

Originally posted by Black
                    I got some polorized sunglasses that were free online (you pay shipping, which is kinda high).

I will NEVER go back. I work my Oakley M-Frame ones before, and today I tried them both on in some intense sunlight. To shorten the story, I will probably never wear my Oakley's again.

here is the site:
                    http://www.soniceyewear.com/index.php?ad=www
                    How much did shipping end up costing you? I may try some of those.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

Yeah , I saw that ad in Motorcyclist , and almost did the same . I tried to e-mail them , but they never got back to me . I ended up buying some Wiley X glasses at a local dealer for $40 . They have some kind of tint that seems to sharpen things up somehow . Still might wanna look into the Sonic stuff though . $20 S/H for a pair of SUPOOSEDLY high-end $200 glasses sound almost too good to be true ...
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

It's good to hear some feedback on the "free" sunglasses.. I've seen those ads for years.

Order now and you get the "peacekeeper" watch!!!

Comment

I get Vuarnet and Serengeti shades from ebay. Never paid more than $50/pair. Wire frames fit inside the helmet excellent.

Once you've had high-end, optical quality sunglasses, you might never go back. I NEVER will.
                          Matt

If you think you don't need a helmet, you probably don't.

Comment

El Cheapo's are the only way to go for me, especially if the kids get ahold of them.
                            TDA Racing/Motorsports
                            1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                            Who knows what is next?
                            Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                            Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

The sonic glasses are definately not worth $250 like they say. I would probably pay around $60 for them, just because they are polarized. They are AMAZING in the middle of the day, when the sun is hot and bright as hell. I paid about $35 for 2 pair, and I can't complain. The only reason they dont look like they are $200 glasses are the frames. Not quite $200 material,but they do the sunblocking job perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt
                                I get Vuarnet and Serengeti shades from ebay. Never paid more than $50/pair. Wire frames fit inside the helmet excellent.

Once you've had high-end, optical quality sunglasses, you might never go back. I NEVER will.
                                I agree about Serengeti's and ebay..
                                But I have found my latest pair of Serengetis have scratched really easily.. I only paid $25 though..

Comment

Working...
                                X