Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Anyone have any experience with KBC Force RR Helmet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any experience with KBC Force RR Helmet?

Well I need a new lid. The one I'm using now is a bit big and moves around a lot at highway speeds which is pretty unnerving Anywhoo I'm currently using a KBC VR-1 Euro. I like this helmet but they don't make em any more besides I kinda want a different color and a newer style. I found the KBC Force RR http://www.kbc-helmet.com/kbcbbs/zbo...desc=asc&no=11

Does any one know anything about this helmet. Seems pretty nice for the price, about $140 shipped (best price I could find by at least 15 bux). Anywhooo let me know what y'all think. Later......
    92 Katana 600, Full Jardine Exhaust.

Welcome to Florida, 11 Curves in 318 Miles

Never seen one... but it looks pretty sweet! Lots of padding and vents!

Personally, I wouldn't buy a helmet online unless I've already tried the same model on in a store.
    Every models fits a little different.

Let us know what you get!

Comment

i have the Force S and so far i like it. it actually fit me better than the Shoei that i originally wanted. looks like the RR has a couple extra vents. the only thing i'm not crazy about is the visor attachment, kind of a PITA until you're used to it. also the smoked shields aren't out yet, and i hate wearing sunglasses with it.

Comment

I wonder if the visor attachment is the same as the VR-1 cause 'm pretty used to that? Also I don't ever use my tinted shield cause I ride to work and it's dark when I leave so I just wear sunglasses. Sounds like this one will by next. I'll probably go ahead and order it tomorrow. I'll post some pics when i get it.....Later

Comment

My former riding partner ( I say former because the tard sold his bike recently, but thats another story) has this lid, and he always said he liked it. Very lightweight and comfortable.

Comment

I have a Force RR... a Silver/Black razor type graphic on it. Matches the bike.

Ventilation... its pretty good. Even with the 30 Degree days we've been having up here, with the visor open a crack even at city speeds, my head doesnt get too hot.

Only complaint... the vents and the like are not extremely aerodynamic, and as such, wind noise is a bit of a problem. Further, if I am riding with the visor Fully open) it clicks) there is a high pitched whistling noise, so I usually bring it down one click so I do not get the whistle.

Lastly, the Side plates that hold on the visor broke on my helmet within 3 days, of just regular opening and closing. The visor is still on there, its just a little loose sometime if I open and close often - so I have to push both sides of the visor back into the clips from time to time.

-Grimmy
            Race Superseries Novice Open, Amateur Superbike #224 Suzuki GSXR-1000

Comment

Ive gotten that same whistle on other helmets Ive owned as well... Vega, Shoei, & HJC .

Comment

I have a Force S. GO FOR IT. They DO have tinted/smoked, mirrored visors for the Force series....but KBC calls them VR-2,3,4's not by the Force nameplate.

I know this, becuase thats how I ordered mine.
                As for the visor attachment, it couldn't be easier.....want to switch from clear to smoked....takes about 15 seconds total. It is HELLLLLA easy to swap visors.

I would say my only complaint......I want more air up top on my head...not directly on top, but more towards my forehead. Fogging is not and issue, pleany of air-flow......the mouth area is almost replica to a motocross type helmet.....but doesn't offer any problems.

As for windnoise....its a lil whislter with the visor up....but you get used to it. Highway noise is tollerable and the helmet padding is very nice and comfortable, on 90+ days, I may sweat, but the padding stays comfortable and is removable. It also has a mesh-type covering.

I would recommend it. Here is mine.

That last picture was for comedy, I actually have no beef with anyone accept Duff, because he doesn't change is online status to away when he's on MSN.......damn you Duff.....Damn you.
                My sig is boring.

Comment

Thanks for the replys guys. I got my Forcee RR a few weeks ago. It's been pretty nice. Not quite as nice as the VR1 I was using but great for the price. Much nicer than my friend's HJC AC-11 though. I don't really have too much problem with noise. I don't seem to get that whistling with the shield open but I close it after about 50-55 mph so??? It's a great looking and functioning helmet and a great deal IMHO. Check em out if you're looking for a nice new lid but don't want to spend a lot. Later

Comment

Working...
                  X