No announcement yet.
X

Hand/Wrist fatigue????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i iknow i'm a late comer to this topic, but what are 'impact gloves'?

Comment

Originally posted by emerson7
      i iknow i'm a late comer to this topic, but what are 'impact gloves'?
      Gloves with a padding in the palms. I think most "riding gloves" have the padded palms. But, if you are like me and live in a town where there is no motorcycle appearal store, you can go find "impact gloves" usually at an automotive store. The brand I happen to have is a "Mechanix M-Pact". They are usually a lot cheaper than a riding glove, but not the knuckle protection either. I want to actually TRY on the pair of 60 dollar gloves tho before I buy them, and haven't found a shop that sells them yet....so this is what I use.
      2002 R1
      Yoshi TRS exhaust, Undertail, Ohlins Steering Stabilizer, Dark Windshield, Frame Sliders.

Comment

Well , Newenough has a very good return policy ....
        Actually , I bought some boots from them last year . The size I ordered was too big , so they went ahead and shipped me a different size , and told me to send back the ones I didn't want .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          changes in the control placement (to lend itself to more natural placement compared to where your hands rest)
          Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          +1 Doing no more than changing the position of the levers reduced my hand fatigue greatly

Comment

I lean onto the gas tank and take all my weight and tension off my arms. I just relax both arms for an minute or two. It does not cure anything but it does help.

Comment

Originally posted by konradpol
              If you find that your wrists fatigue its cause of the weight....
              If you're carrying all that in a back-pack, here's an old rider's trick:
              Once on the bike, loosen the straps on the backpack until the pack is just resting on the rear seat. This will take the excess weight off your shoulders/back, but should still keep the load steady behind you (since it's teathered to both shoulders and sitting in the wind-bubble for the rider). When I carry a heavy backpack, it's what I do (and I always look for that much excess strapping on packs I buy). When you park, you can cinch up the straps again for the stroll into class...

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The ultimate cure...

-Steve

Comment

Originally posted by MIBagentQ
                  For any trip longer than one hour i use a throttle rocker. Got mine for $15 canadian

It does wonders for long distance riding. I find these much safer then traditional cruise control gadgets that actually lock the throttle.
                  i like that throttle rocker better then the ones i`ve seen where can i get one

Comment

Originally posted by bwink
                    I lean onto the gas tank and take all my weight and tension off my arms. I just relax both arms for an minute or two. It does not cure anything but it does help.
                    after riding all day coming back on the super slab i'll lay down on my tank bag(it's just like a reversed couch)

Comment

Originally posted by the wind
                      Originally posted by bwink
                      after riding all day coming back on the super slab i'll lay down on my tank bag(it's just like a reversed couch)
                      also rest your elbows on your nees for a minute at the same time
                      here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
                      http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                        Originally posted by konradpol
                        If you find that your wrists fatigue its cause of the weight....
                        If you're carrying all that in a back-pack, here's an old rider's trick:
                        Once on the bike, loosen the straps on the backpack until the pack is just resting on the rear seat. This will take the excess weight off your shoulders/back, but should still keep the load steady behind you (since it's teathered to both shoulders and sitting in the wind-bubble for the rider). When I carry a heavy backpack, it's what I do (and I always look for that much excess strapping on packs I buy). When you park, you can cinch up the straps again for the stroll into class...

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Good call CP, I did that ALOT when I road with backpacks, it really does help out. I did have to be careful though that since the backpack straps were slightly loosened that when i did go to lean more forward while riding, that it did tend to shift alittle and if your not careful it can surprise you.

Comment

Originally posted by evil-eye
                          Originally posted by MIBagentQ
                          For any trip longer than one hour i use a throttle rocker. Got mine for $15 canadian

It does wonders for long distance riding. I find these much safer then traditional cruise control gadgets that actually lock the throttle.
                          i like that throttle rocker better then the ones i`ve seen where can i get one
                          I got mine at the local bike shop. I suppose most bike shops should carry it, else wait for a bike show? ebay is always an option but I find its so cheap that you end up paying more after shipping from ebay

Comment

Hey KnightRider,

I gotta go with MIBagentQ on this:

GET THE THROTTLE ROCKER! Mine goes on w/ velcro, and is a MIRACLE on long rides, especially highway riding.

I love it so much, I got one for my LEFT (non throttle) side grip

DP!!

Comment

Working...
                            X