X

CrackHead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrackHead

Ok, Figured the title would work. Anyhow, Whos wearing a CrackHead helmet from Scoprion. I just bought mine today and its an awesome fit when you slip it on, But its one hell of a fight to get it off. Its like the paddings way to puffy or the openings too small.

Just wondering if anyone else experienced this problem. I might go try out a Large instead tommorow unless you think it just needs time for the padding to break in. This is my helmet
    If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
    Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

just let it break in...my scorpion was super tough to get off when I first got it, but its good now.
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

I have a large blue one, I have no complaint.It will loosen after awhile, but not much. The Everclear works great! If it fits good on, stay with it.If is uncomfortable, try the large. It will break in.
      sigpic

RIP CP
      50th Anniv R6
      95 Katana 600
      http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

Keep it. It will break in.
        2007 Honda CBR600rr
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks Guys, Thats what I wanted to know, Its an awesome fit and I love that its got the lens coatings both in and out. Its just that its ripping my eyebrows and eyelids off when its coming off LOL. I suppose I could go try the large tommorow just to see. I like the fact that its very comfortable and the ears are cut out which allows for you to use an MP3 or something other without the padding stuffing the earbuds into your inner brain. Let alone the fact that its Snell approved. Wind noise wasn't too bad either considering the cut out for the ears. Was actually better then the last 5 or 6 helmets i've had over the past couple of years.

Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Scorpions helmets rock!!!!!
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

My crackhead came with my new bike,its a great helmet.

Comment

Besided if the liners are to thick check with scorpion helmets website you may just need to order a larger (thinner) liner. I bought mine as an XL wore it a couple months and it was loose so I bought a L liner. Kind of worded out good because during the winter I go back up to the XL and I can wear a hood comfortably. If I remember right they only make two sizes of shells it the liners that make the actual size.
                sigpic

Comment

Good to know AKA AlleyKat,

Wasn't aware they offered different thickness pads. Its an awesome helmet And would be perfect if I needed someone to pick splinters out of my eyes since it rolls the eyelids not only open, but inside out. Talk about bitchin dryeye.

My local dealer was closed today So I couldn't do anything about it. Obviously they will be closed tommorow anyhow. Its to the point where I no longer want to remove the helmet once its on. I took it off once today and smarted for quite a bit and debated going back to my HJC helmet. I smoke, So for me to go all day with only a few cigs was a feat. Only time I took it off was to eat and at the end of the day playing when I got home. Needless to say, I am making up for lost time in the smoking department LOL.

Comment

Finally got a day off that I could do something. Went to my local dealer.. flopped on ,literally, a large Exo-700 and had way too much movement for comfort. The helmet I currently own is a Medium. Anyhow, that resolved the question in my head that maybe they sold me the wrong one. So I called Scorpion. Someone there named Luke fielded my phone call.

I told him what I bought and the pain that was going on. He told me when he first got his that he had the same problem, then pointed out the fact that he's a 7 day a week rider. I chiped in that I am also. He asked how much have I worn the helmet. I bashfully replied only several times since I went back to my old helmet due to not wanting to scratch the new one incase a large fit better.

He said that a new helmets padding needs to break in.. Breaking it with sweat and use. He said his took almost three weeks before it became more comfortable. He then said "remove the cheek liners and put them between a bunch of stacked books to help speed up the break in overnight or wash them in a washing machine.

I've currently got mine set under a bunch of weight overnight and will try it out tommorow. Luke was very helpful and did say there was an option to get smaller cheekpads if needed. So I will try this first and see.
                    Last edited by Newbie2it; 05-29-2008, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Hope it works out for you.
                      sigpic

RIP CP
                      50th Anniv R6
                      95 Katana 600
                      http://www.assfaultjunkies.com/index.php

Comment

I got a KBC Gunslinger helmet back in October and it fits perfect and is comfortable, but after about 30-40 mins it starts to hurt my forehead. Its like there is a piece of pointy plastic under the pad. So I only use it as my around town helmet and still use my ole' KBC VR-2 Euro helmet for long rides. I wish the Gunslinger helmet didn't bother my head because it looks freakin' sweet and is about a half pound lighter than the Euro. I'm not sure if its because it isn't broke in or what, but I can't wear it past 45 mins without getting a headache so I dunno.
                        Jealousy Is Natural

Comment

Hey Bubba, Just a thought, But look into the paperwork for your helmet. On the Scorp helmets, Everything padded on the inside is totally removable so it can be washed. Its all held in place via plastic push clips. You might be right on about there being two peices of plastic sticking out. Someone may have popped out the liner before you bought it and didnt resnap them back in place.

As to my Scorp padding, I rode with it most of the latter half of today after putting the cheeck pads back in. It did seem to remove a bit easier. Looks like I am going to keep repeting this till it wants to come off easier. Will see how it feels tommorow. They are sitting under 40 lbs of barbell weights right now LOL

Comment

Kinda funny situation in reading the posts...I just fired an employee who was a crackhead who drank everclear on the job (not kidding).

It may sound like one of my usual sarcastic posts, but this really happened, and he was on probation too.

btw, I like Scorpion helmets as well, but they were a little to pricey when I bought my helmet. It'll probably wind up being my next helmet when I upgrade next year.
                            -
                            -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Hey bro-
                              I just got my Scorp helmet also about a week and a half ago! I opted for the Exo 400 to try it out. (I have a pretty round head) The helmet is awesome and I have noticed the liner to loosen up around my cheeks during this time. I may try to pull the cheek liners out also and squash them down a bit more. My helmet is very tight but not painful. I get compliments about the Warhawk design. I had the same questions, but the helmet will settle down. Its better tight on the skull anyway, just not tight enough to cut bloodflow off. Enjoy your helmet--Im impressed so far!

Comment

Working...
                              X