Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WildKat
    started a topic Best way to clean your helmet

Best way to clean your helmet

Its the riding season, so that means, squished bugs, dirt, water spots, and general dust getting all over your lid when you come back from a ride.. so what do you use to keep your lid looking its best?

• 2K5GSX600F
    replied
    A wet sponge with a little dish soap takes em right off.

Leave a comment:

• Range
    replied
    a dollup of dish detergent...full strength....and thats it...no towel etc.

Sometimes I use the Honda spray cleaner...NEVER anything else.

Leave a comment:

• WildKat
    replied
    doesnt using a wire brush scratch up your helmet? Just use some good old soap and water, ( i use mequires ) and the squished bugs will generally come right off w/ alittle elbow grease.

when i get home from rides, my lid is always filled w/ bugs. i looks like I just got back from a bug convention or something.

Leave a comment:

• lucky6man
    replied
    i use a brilo pad and a wire brush to get the fried up bugs off. any one know of the best thing to use?

Leave a comment:

• katman05
    replied
    I use a wet paper towel for the visor and lemon pledge for the helmet,makes it shine nicely

Leave a comment:

• Anonymous
    replied
    I see no reason to clean my helmet...visor yes...helmet no.

Leave a comment:

• WildKat
    replied
    Lou, cleaning your lid doesnt mean spitting on the shield and then wiping it off with your fingers

Leave a comment:

• SweetLou
    replied
    I shower with mine on. Use a 2 step Conditioner, and a nice rinse.

Wait, what where we talking about again.....

Leave a comment:

• tzortn
    replied
    I recently was given some Motorex Viso Clean pads. I was impressed on how well they worked. Each package comes with a wet towel kind of like a baby wipe and a dry towel for final wiping. The towels seem to be the same type of material that we use to clean the lenses for our lasers. I really like the fact that you can keep a couple packs under your seat for a quick mid-ride clean up if you need it.

http://www.nrenterprises.net/maintenance.htm

Leave a comment:

• OtLa
    replied
    Moist paper towel to rehydrate the dead ones...

Plexus to clean whole helmet, including visor.

Meguirs Gold Class from time to time.

Leave a comment:

• wosaka
    replied
    I only and always use a sheet of (kitchen-)paper (Do you call it so, too???)
    and water.
    At first I moisturize the papersheet and then I lay it over my Helmet. Wait about 10 minutes and I wipe out the dity parts. No other fluid will be used and my helmet is alway clean, also the visor... 8)

My helmet is a Uvex Boss 4000 and my visior is blue/crome.. 8)

Leave a comment:

• stevnmd
    replied
    Hmm, my helmet came with a note (Shoei) to never clean it with an ammonia based cleaner.

I use only water and a microfiber cloth...

Leave a comment:

• toobalicious
    replied
    folks, FWIW, those paper towels (even wet ones) are putting tiny scratches in your visor everytime you do it... over the course of time, it will become hazy and a real pain to wear... in the sunlight you will be able to see the "swirl marks" after the first time you do it...
    paper towels have coarse fibers that will scratch plastic/acrylic/polycarbonate... this applies to the screen on your scooter as well...

also, for the uninitiated, RAIN-X will react unfavorably with some plastics (it contains petroleum distillates)... these can actually melt some acrylics, and will leach essential oils from all of them as it evaporates... this may or may not happen within the effective life of the shield--- most replace them as they show wear... recommend that you test is in the corner of the sheild... PLEXUS and NOVUS are products made especially for plastic, an they reduce fogging as well...
    a

Leave a comment:

• paperairplane
    replied
    windex to clean - Rain x on the shield to bead water

Leave a comment:

Working...
X