X

Best way to clean your helmet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to clean your helmet

Its the riding season, so that means, squished bugs, dirt, water spots, and general dust getting all over your lid when you come back from a ride.. so what do you use to keep your lid looking its best?

i use formula 409 all purpose cleaner. Works GOOD! may seem odd but i even wax my helmet!!
    "Shut up and walk it off" -personal quote from personal experiences.

Comment

not at all odd to wax the lid--- makes it easy to take the crud off...
      i also use NOVUS "step 3" spray for the visor (and NO PAPER TOWELS!)
      a

gather 'round, children

Comment

Depending on what type of shield you have.. alittle rainex really helps when riding in the rain.. and preventing fogging up as well.

Comment

i use rain x on my shield and helmet all over, keept the gunk off it and when i need to clean it i use Zep Aerosol *kg help me out* and put the rain x back on, ah sometimes id throw a lil meguires gold class if i had it on the rag but no biggie

Comment

I just use a plain old jerry cloth, dish soap and warm water. works like a charm. simple and easy. And sometimes when i think about it i'll use some turtle wax on the visor.

Comment

Wet a paper towel and stick it to the shield for a few minutes , then wipe the bugs off and dry it .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I just wipe my helmet down with a damp paper towel. To clean the visor I run it under warm water to soften things up then I clean it with dish soap. So far it has worked well for me.

Comment

windex to clean - Rain x on the shield to bead water
                  I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

folks, FWIW, those paper towels (even wet ones) are putting tiny scratches in your visor everytime you do it... over the course of time, it will become hazy and a real pain to wear... in the sunlight you will be able to see the "swirl marks" after the first time you do it...
                    paper towels have coarse fibers that will scratch plastic/acrylic/polycarbonate... this applies to the screen on your scooter as well...

also, for the uninitiated, RAIN-X will react unfavorably with some plastics (it contains petroleum distillates)... these can actually melt some acrylics, and will leach essential oils from all of them as it evaporates... this may or may not happen within the effective life of the shield--- most replace them as they show wear... recommend that you test is in the corner of the sheild... PLEXUS and NOVUS are products made especially for plastic, an they reduce fogging as well...
                    a

gather 'round, children

Comment

Hmm, my helmet came with a note (Shoei) to never clean it with an ammonia based cleaner.

I use only water and a microfiber cloth...
                      -Steve

Comment

I only and always use a sheet of (kitchen-)paper (Do you call it so, too???)
                        and water.
                        At first I moisturize the papersheet and then I lay it over my Helmet. Wait about 10 minutes and I wipe out the dity parts. No other fluid will be used and my helmet is alway clean, also the visor... 8)

My helmet is a Uvex Boss 4000 and my visior is blue/crome.. 8)
                        Greetings from north of Germany
                        wosaka

Jesus says: Life is a cross.....
                        Odin says: Life is a hammer....

Better Odin than Jesus!!

Comment

Moist paper towel to rehydrate the dead ones...

Plexus to clean whole helmet, including visor.

Meguirs Gold Class from time to time.

Comment

I recently was given some Motorex Viso Clean pads. I was impressed on how well they worked. Each package comes with a wet towel kind of like a baby wipe and a dry towel for final wiping. The towels seem to be the same type of material that we use to clean the lenses for our lasers. I really like the fact that you can keep a couple packs under your seat for a quick mid-ride clean up if you need it.

nrenterprises.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, nrenterprises.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

I shower with mine on. Use a 2 step Conditioner, and a nice rinse.

Wait, what where we talking about again.....
                              Kan-O-Gixxer!
                              -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                              -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                              -Ohlins Susupension
                              -Various Other Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X