leathers for fat people

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joeyz34
    replied
    wow, i was just thinking about this since a friend of mine is trying to get me to go out to a track day with him

my biggest problem has been that since i'm 5'10" and 270, with a giant *** and legs (i blame years and years of staying in rugby shape (read: round)) most suits that my legs fit into are meant for people 6'4+

i've sent in my measurements to www.zcustoms.com just to see how much that'd be, but i'm also looking for other options... i'll post about how much they quote me when i hear back

woah, gonna have to check out that guy in nocal the next time i go up and visit family...

reviews on BARF seem positive
    Last edited by joeyz34; 04-05-2008, 04:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Leave a comment:

• audio_barren
    replied
    bump

Leave a comment:

• audio_barren
    replied
    thanks to all that have responded

Leave a comment:

• hardlydangerous
    replied
    Talk about bad timing
    I normally don't advertise too much on the forums for fear of stepping one someone elses toes
    My shop is currently closed down as we have bought a new location and are in the process of moving this month (April) and we are currently re-doing or website.
    However we carry all types of riding gear from racing gear to classic to casual.

Our sport/racing Jackets go up to 5XL and racing pants up to size 46.

Racing jackets are 1.3 mm soft milled cowhide
    Stretch panels on shoulders and elbows with corresponding stretch panel in the removable liner
    Adjustable side tabs
    2 out side and 2 inside pocketsinner zipper for matching racing pants.
    Removable CE armor in shoulder elbows and back
    Zip out full sleeve 3M thinsulate liner
    HD snaps and YKK zippers-non rusting/corroding
    Available in Black, black/silver, black/red, black/blue, black/yellow

The matching racing pants are also 1.33 cowhide with removable CE armor in the knees, and extra padding in the hips and shins.
    stretch panels in the knees and waist
    perferated leather behind the knees for ventilation.
    Adjustable velcro waist
    2 pockets
    outter zip for matching jacketKevlar striching full mesh liner zippers at bottoms for easy on and off.

It might be a few weeks before we get the shop unpacked, restocked and the new website up and running but if interested and would like some more details or pics, prices etc/ please feel free to email me with any questions etc.

We have a couple different styles of leather jackets and also mech and textile, a 1 piece racing suits, racing gloves, DOT and Snell helmets etc.

[email protected]
    Last edited by hardlydangerous; 03-30-2008, 12:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bambambam
    replied
    I am not the smallest but I had good luck with Joe Rocket 2 piece leathers

Leave a comment:

• fishinfool88
    replied
    I'm 6'0, 300 "well built". I may be fat, but I pack it pretty well, and it's not like I'm unable to tie my shoes, but I found a decent suit from Tourmaster. It fit a tad tight as it's an XXL and I usually wear a XXXL, but it stretches a tad bit, and it's not uncomfortable when riding.

Leave a comment:

• audio_barren
    replied
    Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post
    Vanson & Bates. Those are the first two companies that come to mind, I'm sure there are others but these I know of.

Vanson - Top notch quality and protection. All my gear wants to be Vanson when they grow up. Incredible leathers.

Bates - Big on custom suits for drag racers and some road racers. Excellent quality, too.
    thanks

Leave a comment:

• 87vert
    replied
    how large are we talking? Im 6'0 260 and my teknic leathers fit fine.

Leave a comment:

• FASHER
    replied
    Not sure what size you are, or just how 'serious" your leathers need to be, but AGV Sport also does larger sizes.

Leave a comment:

• TT120
    replied
    Here's the link on BARF for the custom suits: http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...d.php?t=217337

Leave a comment:

• katcurvincorners
    replied
    I went with Fieldsheer... they make pants in a 42 Short, and I got a jacket in a 52 to go with it.... or... there is a guy on the Bay Area Rider's Forum doing custom made suits for $375.... a lot of folks have been happy with those.... http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/fo...d.php?t=217337

Leave a comment:

• jwilliams
    replied
    Hello,

I was having problems finding leathers to fit off the rack and ended up going the custom route and it cost less than a highend off the rack leathers but more than the low end brands. It might not be a bad way to go. It will fit and you can design it yourself in the same colours as the bike.

I found the custom leathers guy from asking at the local bike shop where I was looking for leathers. But the other easy way (though it needs to be in race season) is to ask at a local track who does leather repair/lettering as the person may also do custom leathers and/or at least be able to take something off the rack and make it fit.

I volunteer for the local vintage road racing association and there are some BIG guys riding liittle old bikes in those races. The 2 brands which seem to be popular with the larger riders is Joe Rocket and Teknic

TTYL, Jeff

Leave a comment:

• steves
    replied
    Custom made leathers probably won't be that much more expensive than off the rack stuff. I thought Cyberpoet posted something about that not too long ago...

Leave a comment:

• StblJmpr
    replied
    Lose weight?

Leave a comment:

• tdrcomm
    replied
    Vanson & Bates. Those are the first two companies that come to mind, I'm sure there are others but these I know of.

Vanson - Top notch quality and protection. All my gear wants to be Vanson when they grow up. Incredible leathers.

Bates - Big on custom suits for drag racers and some road racers. Excellent quality, too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X