X

New helmet, opinions/experience?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New helmet, opinions/experience?

My gmax68 fell off of my kats seat recently, and after looking it over it destroyed the locking mechanisms that hold the faceplate on. Needless to say, I am in need of a new helmet and will be looking for quality over price now.(I keep thinking what would happen if I hit the ground at high speeds in it)

I have limited my choices to the following:

1. Scorpion EXO-1000

2. Shoei RF-1000

3. HJC AC-12 Carbon

4. HJC AC-12

5. KBC VR1X

Im leaning more towards the scorpion and the shoei, but im open to suggestions and appreciate any input you have!

I have the vr1x but i have not used it but I brought the helmet based on reveiws on vr1look to your left and you see the helmet but price does not make a helmet better that fall could have broke any helmet
    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Have you tried them on yet? I would get each one on your head for a while before buying one or the other. I know personnaly that HJC and Shoei have a RADICALLY different fit, especially on my big oval head... HJC's hurt, Shoei's don't for me...
      None of us are as dumb as all of us.....

“To do what ought to be done, but would not have been done unless I did it, I thought to be my duty.”
      -Robert Morrison

"
      well, i havent beat katana hero on expert level yet chris" -katanawarrior

"I believe in the free speech that liberals used to believe in, the economic freedom that conservatives used to believe in, and the personal freedom America used to believe in"

Comment

When referring to quality I was referring to the strength and depedability/ease of the locking system of the visors, low wind noise and .

I have read the comparison of the helmets and know that price does not affect safety, but I just want to look around before I get a new helmet and these have caught my attention as far as looks, good reviews and useful features (scorpions drop down sunvisor and inflatable cheekpads, the low weight of the hjc carbon and the great cooling of the shoei)

Im really leaning towards the scorpion as it seems to be the top of the line for the brand, and has gotten the best reviews of all of them.

Until I try them all on none of it really matters though, so hopefully I can find a scorpion in my size!

If none of them fit right, I may just get another Gmax for now.

Comment

The EXO for the price is a great helmet..
          I haven't ridden with it so I can't comment on the noise but if I were to buy a helemt tomorrow it is the one I would try..

Comment

I just had a spin yesterday with my new EXO1000. I loved it. It fits good, and doesn't wobble at high(er) speeds. It is a bit loud, but I'd have to compare to my EXo-400 for sure. I would like to point out I was fiddling with my riding position quite a bit (first ride of the season) and moving around on the bike, and some area's were quiter than others. I was also tucked (29 degree's out), and it was quiet at that position. The bladder air cheeks rock, as does the flip down visor. I only have about 50 miles on it at this point, so I have limited experience. I will say this, I normally ride with ear plugs, so I'm not worried about wind noise.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I am on my 3rd HJC. Do not notice much for wind noise and find they fit ok. I also own an icon mainframe (poor fit and noisey) have a KBC (not much wind noise either but something I just don't like about it, fit?) and I just picked up a Vox (really nice fit) but have not been able to use it yet.

Comment

You should check out the SparX at www.helmetharbor.com
                Its called the SparX S07 Special edition.. I picked it up for 140$!

its a ECE 22.05 and DOT helmet that is very light and the fit
                is awesome for me. It has a plush liner similar to what you fine in a
                high end shoei or arai. It also comes with ear plugs, dark smoke , clear visors, and 5 year warranty. Also if you register it if you crash they will replace that helmet for you if you send in your police report and that.

The helmet is light, stable at speed, vents very well, and have good vision..

Comment

Working...
                X