X

Arai Quantum 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arai Quantum 2

so, does anyone here rock an arai quantum 2? i'm thinking about getting one based on what i thought was a great reputation, but i've read a couple of reviews (web bike world, etc.) that say the visor may be crap..? it seems like a fairly popular helmet, so maybe the reviewer(s) got their hands on a bad one?

anybody?

At the retail of over $400, not me. I could grab a few KBCs and HJCs for that!
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Toaster, I have a Arai Edwards Corsair RX7 and it ROCKS ! It's the best helmet Ive had compared to my KBC & HJC. No comparison. One thing that is best about the helmets ARE their visors. Sooo much clearer. I got mine @ Bike Bandit for ( listen to this ) $ 350. I was lookin @ a Quantum @ some local shops for $500 plus. When I recieved the Helmet it was only 6 mos old from mfd date. Keep an eye on EBay and go to ea . sellers store and you might find a bargin Well worth the extra $100 bucks if you've got it. If not go the KBC route ! I have a KBC and an HJC never dropped , great shape , etc 4 sale if your interested shoot me a PM.
      Last edited by waveman; 01-14-2008, 07:06 AM.
      sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

well, i had talked myself in to buying the quantum 2 hacking replica in blue. one of the only helmets that i actually like the graphics on... until i found out last night that they have a large graphic (and not even a very good one imo) of a yellow bulldog on the back. so now i'm back to square one.

i did bid on a european release exo-1000 today that has a graphic unavailable in the states that i liked pretty well, so we'll see.

Comment

One question since you are looking for a new helmet...have you tried any of them on? All helmets are not made the same shape or way..they all fit different so what may fit my head comfortably will hurt your head in less than 5 minutes or visa versa...then again maybe we have the same shaped head and you will find the helmet comfortable...with helmets you really need to try them on. The Scorpions are really nice helmets for the price, actually they exceed expectations for their price, but I don't like the fit, way too tight and doesn't feel right and I tried on the Exo400 and 700...in different sizes...
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

yeah, i've tried an arai, an hjc (which i own now) and a suomy. it may be that i don't really know what a helmet is supposed to feel like, or when it feels right, because whenever i try one on, i always feel like i'm wearing three pounds of plastic on my head. but nothing i've tried on really seemed to be that uncomfortable...

all i know is that i only go on (at the most) two or three hour rides and the hjc feels fine. no complaints. but i'm not crazy about the way it looks and want something a little nicer.

Comment

Working...
            X