X

Icon Ti-Max Gloves Opinions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon Ti-Max Gloves Opinions

I'm looking at the Icon Timax gloves (short version). Does anyone have any opinins on them? I've been looking at them and my wife informed me the other day that she wanted to get me a pair? What a sweet woman.

I like the amount of protection they provide, and would wear them on the track. For everyday riding they are a little too gaudy(sp) for me.

Can your wife call mine and give her some pointers?

Comment

Comment

They are dog ugly and I have some doubts about ICON's quality.

For me, I'll pass...
        I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

I think they are a little gaudy and for the price not worth it.

Comment

The styling is a bit over the top for me but how boring would it be if we were all the same, right?

Here is a pretty good writeup on them. http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/icon/

Looks like the sizing runs a little small so if your ordering them you might want to consider that.
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by paperairplane
              They are dog ugly and I have some doubts about ICON's quality.

For me, I'll pass...
              +1

Comment

No thanks, I prefer to spend money on gear that's more about actual protection than bling.
                I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

I'd be concerned about scratching the bikes paint with those things.
                  Kyle

Comment

I just got me a pair of Tour Master Cortech Comp Carbon II gloves. They are quite comfy, and direct more air across my hands than I thought they would, whitch keeps my hands nice and cool.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Ive got a pair of them. They are definately the beast of all beast gloves...

I dont wear them all the time, I usually just wear my rocket phoenix gloves, which are lightwieght, and quite comfortable.

The timax gauntlet ones that I have, are as sturdy a glove as you'll find. All the protection is secured to the glove very well by all accounts, and its got skid protection on the palms, but you have to be careful with these; if you tend to rest your hands on your tank at a stoplight or something, you'll scratch the snot out of your paint job if your not careful. They are quite warm and work well as a winter riding glove or possibly for a track day.. but your hands will definately sweat in them in the heat.

overall though, they are a solid glove and definately something you'll be glad you have if you ever go down.

Comment

way too much bling for me, I think Icon's stuff is very ugly. And I also have a lot of questions with their quality.

But.....I know a guy who lowsided in those gloves and they didnt wear through at all, his hands were fine
                        Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Oh , I DIG the midievil gauntlet look , but I already have good gloves . Plus those things ain't too cheap . Plus , I too have heard things about Icon gear that makes me a bit leary ....
                          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

when i see icon gloves one thing comes to my mind .... POWER RANGERS. However i have heard the gloves are quite resiliant and the timax jackets offer great protection but i have not worn any so hearsay hearsay right just my penny .
                            a voice came to me and said, sacrifice that which you love the most (my girl and my bikes)
                            so i lied and gave up my girl.

Comment

Originally posted by OtLa
                              I like the amount of protection they provide, and would wear them on the track.
                              No way I would. If you lowside you could possibly slide with your hands down for quite a while. Metal, even on the palm side? No thank you. I've seen too many burns from sliding without metal there to carry even more heat...

Like with virtually all Icon gear, I'll pass...

Oh, and if you're serious about protection, forget any short gloves. The point of the gauntlet is to protect your wrist in the even of your jacket sleeves riding up during a slide...
                              -Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X