X

Washing leathers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing leathers

OK, my leather jacket is clean. But, when it rains, the dye seeps into my shirt. So I had to go to class with a pink/white shirt on. I looked like an Easter egg

Is there a way to throw these in the wash and put them on a gentle cycle or what? Or what other ways can I wash out some of the dye so it wont sepe through my clothes again?
    Just remember: Satan loves you

You shouldn't put leather in the washing machine at all... eventually it should stop leaking dye... might want to look into a different jacket.

It happens with all leather... just worse with cheap stuff.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Yeah, like steves stated, cheaper leather will color bleed forever. As far as washing, most leather jackets are dry clean only which doesn't do much for the color bleed but SOME are washable. I have yet to see a washable leather bike jacket but you may want to look at the tag to be sure.

If it only happens in the rain, consider a rain suit...
      It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

Nah , it'll stop bleeding after a while . Mine's pretty cheap and it stopped . IN the meantime , I wore dark shirts . and riding in the rain IS how you clean your leather gear !
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
        X