X

Leather Jackets - How does yours fit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bright Wire View Post
    Time to go see what there is in STL next weekend that is open.
    Try here if you are going near St. Louis...

I've had good luck at the one near me.

Comment

Cyclegear was actually noted to me by a bike enthusiast friend of my father's. I'm going to check in on them this weekend. We'll see what the store guys have to say so I can compare them to real world examples and hopefully cement the whole thing in my head.

My biggest problem with the MotoGP Corkscrew has been the shoulders. I can live with most anything else but pulling my shoulders forward and pinching them in kills me. I grew up with the "back straight, shoulders back, chest out" so they have always been that way. I understand wanting to keep the armor in the right place but if it isn't comfortable I'm likely not to wear the jacket in any condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Wire View Post
        I understand wanting to keep the armor in the right place but if it isn't comfortable I'm likely not to wear the jacket in any condition.
        That is it in a nutshell.
        That is why Cycle Gear is a good store.
        Around here, they tend to have more variety than other stores.
        As a matter of fact, I just picked up a discontinued jacket yesterday.
        Textile, padded and vented (with a zip out liner) for $49.

Comment

a shug fitting jacket on a bike is like a security blanket for me but sound like the corkscrew jacket is the wrong cut for your shape.

Comment

I'm 6' 3" 260lbs it took me about a year of looking for suits before I finally found a 2 piece that met my needs and requirements. I bought the A* RC-1 great 2 piece very comfortable on and off the bike. I've also found that euro sizing is a more precise fit compared to alpha for gear. And like The Wind said the jacket may just not be cut right to your size.

Try looking at other brands etc don't limit yourself to 1 brand because you're limiting yourself even more than you already might be because of your body shape trust me. I know from experience
            Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
            fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
            fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
            girls = yammah
            yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

Just got in from CycleGear. I must say they have good folks there. I was in there over an hour talking with 3 different sales guys about how jackets should fit and looking at differences. IT turned out they have a jacket on sale today from the usual $250+ down to $115 just for today (or so they say) and it's a "Frank Thomas(?)". They apparently run euro sizing instead of alpha and we found that at one point a 48 of their's fit well in the discounted jacket but the 46 in a different model fit decently as well though it was still tight in the shoulders and chest. To make a long story short, the motoGP is getting shipped back to newenough monday and I have a nice Jacket now that I will wear. I even bought a spine protector while there with the money I saved.

In case anyone is wondering - www.cyclegear.com has a listing of their local stores and they are a nationwide chain. I highly recommend the STL one.

They also happen to have 10W40 and 20W50 synthetic/natural mix motorcycle oil quarts on sale for $3.99 a piece. I recommend stocking up since they don't go bad and that price is cheaper than
              anything I've seen in awhile. It's SG JaSO 904.

Comment

Good to see that it worked out for you. I'm lucky that there are two near me.

Comment

Working...
                X