X

Boots question...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boots question...

Currently, I'm just wearing my tennis shoes - and I'd like to get a pair of boots. I got a catalog for a place by the name Competition Accessories the other day, and saw these boots - http://www.competitionaccessories.co...roduct_ID=7147. Has anyone used them / are using and have anything to say about them? Also, if anyone has another pair that doesn't cost too much money, I'm open for suguestions.

Thanks
    "Sic vis pacum para bellum - If you want peace, prepare for war."

I think (and I may be wrong) that Beau bought some Nitro boots. Not that exact same design though.

Try PMing him to see. If it was him though I don't think he had many chances to test them with his run of bad luck last year.
    Kyle

Comment

i havent used nitro boots b/4....but they seem to be pretty decent quality.... you can find alot of boots onsale, good quality ones, at newenough.com , speedwerks, virtually any of the online bike shops.

Comment

yeah Beau bought some Vega Nitro Matrix Street Boots(the ones on that link are the Vega Nitro Sport boot)I have a pair but I have not used them yet they are still a bit too tight on my calves. they have no ankle support, but they are leather, and they should keep the skin from beign ground off of your foot. They aren't too pricey and are definitely much better than sneakers. but If you have thick calves don't bother with those boots they won't fit.

Comment

At that price, they are what they are: reasonable, cheap riding boots.

In boots, you often get what you pay for. A higher price will get you steel toes, ankle protection, possibly steel heal gaurd and possibly steel plating in the soles. A much higher price will get you something that also limits the rotation of the ankle and foot to keep it from getting bent the wrong way during an off. Either way, get out of the tennis shoes (at least wear high-tops or combat boots that cover the ankles!), since low-cut shoes often come off on the first impact with the ground, leaving the foot exposed for damages on subsequent impacts during the same "off".

Cheers
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

You could check out newenough.com to see what they have on clearance. That is what I did when i bought mine.

WHen you get boots it is a different feeling as I have found out (locked the rear twice) Also if you buy something in european sizes i have found them to be a little tight until you wear them for a while and the leather stretches out some. Now they are more comfortable.
            Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I have those exact boots. They are very comfortable and make shifting and braking easier. They look good too. I've had them for about 2 years and they are still in great shape. I say get them. You won't regret it for the price.

Comment

Damn , is that a closeout price or their regular price ? You guys make them sound pretty good , especailly for that price ...
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Because of my boots, my foot was not crushed when I took a spill, just very baddly bruesed.

I was and still wear Sidi, and the prices are not bad either.

Tokalosh
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for all the imput so far guys. Like I said before - brand doesn't matter to me so much as price and safety. I guess anything around $100 (or less) is what I'm looking for. Also (from your own experiences), do the size of the boots match up with your regular shoe size?

Comment

Blade .... check out this site http://www.motorcyclegearreview.com/
                      -jason

Welcome to Katriders! Click Here to Register

RIP ROB (AKA BREEZE)

Comment

Hey Tokalosh, which Sidi boots are those?

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
                          You could check out newenough.com to see what they have on clearance. That is what I did when i bought mine.

WHen you get boots it is a different feeling as I have found out (locked the rear twice) Also if you buy something in european sizes i have found them to be a little tight until you wear them for a while and the leather stretches out some. Now they are more comfortable.
                          yeah Z, did you get that whole boot and brake thing figured out yet?

Comment

cyber, i was told not to wear steel toed boots as the steel is easily bent back onto your toes. this is also common practice not to wear steel toes at OPG where i worked last summer. instead they wear rock fiber. a mix between a concrete and plastic. protects just as good/better and will not cut off your toes.

Comment

I have those exact boots as well. I like the comfort/fit and for the price the quality is good. If I were to spend more I would get Sidi, but money talks.

Comment

Working...
                              X