No announcement yet.
X

Ear bud headset for less than $50?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You gotta keep in mind how much they'll stick out of your ears . Too far , and the helmet will either yank them right out as you put them on , or they'll be pushed into your ears , which is NO fun .The Koss ones have 2 designs I've seen , actually . The ones with the boxy ends stick out too far , and SUCK (sound is crappier too for some reason ) . THe roundy ones fit GREAT . The pic of the Bose ones look like they MAY stick out a bit .... Sure they'd sound TERRIFIC , though . Hell , for $100 , they BETTER .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
      these Koss things are freakin NOICE . You won't find better in that price range .
      You know, you've posted this like 80 times, and not many seem to listen.

Can we hear it one more time? Maybe people will get the point.

Oh, and from your recommendation, I bought a set, and you are absolutely right!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

dunno if you can get these over there, but look around and you can get a good deal on them.

i found then good value

Comment

Originally posted by mac.g View Post
          dunno if you can get these over there, but look around and you can get a good deal on them.

i found then good value

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/accessorie...9283965,00.htm
          I have Sennheisers. Paid ~$80 for them a couple years ago. ZERO complaints. I've tried a handfull of cheaper ones, and there was no comparison. Although I havn't tried Matts recomendation for the KOSS (no need to now though).

I got sick of using cheap ones, and being let down with the results. so I said what the hell, and splurged, figuring there was a reason they were more expensive, and if they sucked, i could always take them back. Money well spent.
          Last edited by Dan Dubeau; 12-31-2007, 02:08 AM.

Comment

This is truely the way to go... I paid $9 but they sell here for $15. http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf...orm&pc^eb^PLUG
            2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
            Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
            "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
            Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
            Veteran of the United States Air Force.
            "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

After searching the forums for headphones, I found MD86's post about the Koss Plug headphones...omg. Even if they were the same price as those $100+ noise canceling earbuds, they'd give them a run for their money. At $10, I'd rather get 10 pairs of these vs. 1 pair of 100+ headphones. They block out so much noise, its unbelievable. Thanks MD86!
              "War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen, and I say let us give them
              all they want."
              - General William T. Sherman

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
              - General George S. Patton, Jr

Comment

I'm expecting my endorsement check from Koss any day now .....
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Definately take Matt's advice!!! I have. My wife has the Bose earbuds. Yes, there is a little bit of diffrence, not $85.00 worth though. The Bose definately stick out too far to put a helmet on. Believe me, I tried cause I wanted a pair, BUT, not any longer. I'll take the $15.00 blue light special, please!
                  Life's not always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride!! 94 Katana 600/750 and 99 Harley Electra-Glide

Comment

i just bought a pair of phillips headphones..they go in the ear and don't stick out far..so you can put a helmet on. they came off when i took the helmet off but you are usually done listening then. walmart special 15 bucks. i can't hear myself sing untill i'm yelling. philips SHE5020
                    sigpic

Comment

Skull candy earbuds.

I have spent over $50 on earbuds before, and these $20 earbuds blow them all away.

They go pretty far into your ear, and should not be an issue of having them pulled out.

I got mine at FYE for $6.00

Comment

Necro Thread Resurrection!!!

I just got a pair of MEElectronics M9 noise isolating ear buds from buy.com.

They come in a nifty little holder and work great. I usually ride with ear plugs (soft foam disposable) and these work just as well at blocking out wind noise. I can also listen to my music at "normal" levels that I'd use in the house or at work. The sound quality is also pretty darn good. I would say probably more bass than "normal" but still a very full sound.

They fit under my HJC lid just fine.

Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.2 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!
                        Last edited by ATOMonkey; 04-05-2011, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I use skullcandy. They're small, comfortable and of course loud. They ran about $20 at walmart. Pretty much anything with a rubber ear piece is going to be comfortable though.

Comment

Gravediggin apologies, but if anyone is still interested i picked up these Noise Hush Nx80 earbuds a while back just for my long lonesome rides into the desert and they are freakin awesome! I compared them to the beats by dre earbuds that come with my buddies htc pone and they are pretty much the same. A noticable low end and a crisp mid and they fit snug....

Comment

Working...
                            X