X

Why I wear a full-faced helmet.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I wear a full-faced helmet.

Was doing about 65mph on the highway when all of a sudden it sounded like it was raining. And suddenly things were collecting on my visor.

Then it hit me...BUGS! Eeeeeewwwwwwww!!!

You should have seen the motorcycle. I cleaned it off when I got home, and the ones that hit the headlights had cooked on a little. Man did they stink!!!
    "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

oh I cant wait for the bugs to come back here.
    PM me for Ultrasonic Carb Cleaning, pilot screw o-rings and washers and mercury refills

Harley Davidson
    The most efficient way to turn gasoline into noise without the biproduct of horsepower

Comment

Yup second best reason to wear a full-face lid!!!!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Just wait til you hit a June bug , I don't know how those guys do it with shortie helmets.

I've got a few nasty bug pics like that, it's not fun, even less so at night becuase they really cut down the visibility.
        Kyle

Comment

Yummmmmy!!!
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

I like hitting those at 100mph with my bare fat bald head!!!
            Kan-O-Gixxer!
            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
            -Ohlins Susupension
            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Why I wear a full-face helmet:

-------
              According to Dietmar Otte, Medizinsche Hochschule Hannover, Abteilung Verkehrsunfallforschung (Medical Upper School, Hannover, Germany, division of Traffic Accident Research), the following sections are impact areas in crash-involved motorcycle helmets:

Think about that next time you ride... And the next time you see a rider wearing a chinless helmet or no helmet at all...

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Don't you love it when you take a nice cruise in the country and this happens . Been there done that ...
                Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.

Comment

yeah thats as good a reason as I can think of CP !!

I hate have a bug snack on the way home at night, so my full face treats me perfect!

Comment

buggies mean summer yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, wait i dnot have a bike, shit !

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

Seeing images like that is what has helped to convert me to wearing my helemet more and more. Seriously.
                      Kan-O-Gixxer!
                      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                      -Ohlins Susupension
                      -Various Other Mods

Comment

Re: Why I wear a full-faced helmet.

Originally posted by Macka
                        Was doing about 65mph on the highway when all of a sudden it sounded like it was raining. And suddenly things were collecting on my visor.

Then it hit me...BUGS! Eeeeeewwwwwwww!!!

You should have seen the motorcycle. I cleaned it off when I got home, and the ones that hit the headlights had cooked on a little. Man did they stink!!!
                        And its not even bug season yet in New England
                        Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

[quote="SweetLou"]
                          Originally posted by The CyberPoet

No kidding! I guess I should have titled the thread "The other reason I wear a FF helmet :P

That is a sobering image CP.
                          "The problem with most motorcycles is the nut that connects the seat to the handlebars."

Comment

Looking at that pic, CP, I wonder if this is not the source of some HD misconceptions about wearing a lid.

Okay, the premise is that wearing a helmet does NOT improve your survival odds in a crash.

Now looking at the pics, the area covered by a 'brain bucket' style lid is only impacted in about 4% of all crashes, with the top center part of the head almost never impacted.

So, it would bear true that a person wearing a 'brain bucket' might as well be wearing no helmet at all, since it does not protect the part of a head most often impacted in a crash situation.

I can see how after a while, some stereotypes could be made - "Junkyard Bob and Chainsaw Larry were both wearing brain bucket helemet when they crashed and they died, so helemts don't do nothin'...." add in a nice dose of tough guy and all of a sudden you have a bunch of dudes with no gear on...
                            I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

A buddy of mine snapped the chin bar when he flipped his kart racing. The helmet saved his jaw. Imagine what kind of damage you can do falling from a bike with out one. Plus I get enough protien in my diet I do not need to add insects.

Comment

Working...
                              X