No announcement yet.
X

Getting my niece to wear Gear

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad to hear she is rethinking her situation.

Having gear is the only way to go. I see all these people riding in shorts, flip flops and a t-shirt/tank top and I think 'its going to suck bad when you go down'...
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by wildcard845 View Post
      I feel like I'm riding naked without my gear. Can't ride without it.
      yeah, I agree. For me it is not an option, ever.
      2007 Honda CBR600rr
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
        You know, the odd thing about the whole 'full gear' movement is that the strongest proponents are those that have suffered the effects of road rash. It's too bad that many don't see the need for gear until after they've experienced the results of not having it when they needed it most. -Me included.
        Indeed . I learned the hard way . TWICE . That's why I wear LEATHER instead of mesh .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

When I got my first bike, I bought my helmet, jacket and gloves... Didn't even think about it. Just did.. Then when I went on a decently long ride to get boots, I had a minor spill... On loose gravel.

Everything above my waist, which was protected, was fine... But I had a big bruise on my hip and the ankle I landed on felt a little banged up.

If I had the boots, I would've only had the bruise on my hip to show for the accident. If I were going any faster, I'm sure road rash would've been present.

Anyone who uses the excuse that's it's too hot to wear the right gear is fooling themselves. Wear the right gear and you can ride in just about any temperature in my experience. Plenty of good, armored textile jackets that will keep you cool.

Oh, and if I were Brittany's father... I would've KICKED THAT GUY'S AS5 INTO OBLIVION! You know he was doing about 120 - 140 when the wind took her... How the hell does someone tumble for 500+ feet?

She should've held onto him... Use him as a cushion to break the fall. Hopefully he would've died and her only a few bruises.... I hope they sued his stupid ***... They would've gotten some nice money... Not that it's going to help her that much with all the scarring. You can't replace that with money.

Comment

Although the idiot driving the bike in Brittany's situation was well, an idiot... I don't believe a lawsuit would be proper response. Brittany herself did what I think is wisest, she put her story out there, got people to know her, and isn't afraid to show her scars if it will raise awareness of the need for gear (esp for passengers).

I hope your niece takes the story to heart. I need to finish my compliment of gear still... Need boots and pants.
            My Geeky Finance Blog.

Comment

Originally posted by zspencer View Post
              Although the idiot driving the bike in Brittany's situation was well, an idiot... I don't believe a lawsuit would be proper response. Brittany herself did what I think is wisest, she put her story out there, got people to know her, and isn't afraid to show her scars if it will raise awareness of the need for gear (esp for passengers).

I hope your niece takes the story to heart. I need to finish my compliment of gear still... Need boots and pants.
              Okay, forget the suing... Just have the boy's a$$-kicked into oblivion...

Comment

The helmet and full gear already saved my life once. That said I don't think there's nothing more to say.

Try to get her to read the answers in this thread.
                Too old to dream, too young to reason...
                I am fond of my rough edges.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X