X

cold weather gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cold weather gloves?

As fall is coming on strong (single digit temps in the morning) I am needing some suggestions on cold weather gloves.
    My JR have the knuckle vents and its getting chilly.

I have Icon Merc Shorty's, but I noticed this morning that they aren't going to quite fit the bill. I'll be looking for some as well. I did find some grip heaters that are removable for around $50, so I may go that route along with winter gloves, but I'm undecided.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I HAVE 4.0'S AWESOME FOR THE COLD

This glove is your basic textile waterproof glove. It's a combination of textile with leather in the palm area and leather/foam over the knuckles. These...
      -Chris V.

Comment

ooopps...sorry so big
        -Chris V.

Comment

I recently saw these "overglove" things I thought about .....
          I got heated grips too , though . Maybe you could just tape over the vents old skool style . They used to do that "back in the day" .
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Alpinestars Vega Dry-Star gloves, great grip and not too bulky, and very warm.
            00 Katana 750

Comment

Originally posted by ceeseven
              ooopps...sorry so big
              LOL - thats' what I usually say on the 3rd date. Oh the gloves... nice too
              GSX600F RIP 3/2006 - 6/9/2008

Comment

grip warmers and leather snowmobile gloves work for me
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Being something of a mechanics newbie I usually can't contribute much advice to the forums, but having ridden March to December for three years in Kingston, Ontario, plus field work in the Arctic, I feel like I am qualified to chip in here....

I may get flamed for this, but I've actually had great warmth without loss of agility by wearing mitts. Keeping all four fingers together is WAY better because they can all heat each other, with less surface area for the wind to strip heat away.

Initially it will feel uncomfortable operating the controls with mitts instead of gloves but this passes very quickly. The store where I bought mine (an army surplus store) actually let me take a few different pairs for a test ride to see which ones felt best. If you really can't get over the mitt thing, I recommend a thin pair of glove liners (aka hand socks) these are a thin pair of gloves, usually polypropylene, that add far more warmth than you could possibly expect (another trick learned in the Arctic).

All that being said, I'm still planning on installing heated grips this fall.

Comment

Yeah , but I ain't wanting to give up any crash protection for warmth . I mean , road conditions get pretty sucky when it starts getting colder , after all . Heated grips with my leather gloves did ok down to about 30-35f or so . I'm thinking of some of those Hippo Hands on top of that to keep the wind off , or something . My palms would actually sweat below 30 , but the backs of my hands would still be freezing .

Comment

I bought these off a member last year and these suckers are warm and waterproof, I love em when it gets cold out.
                      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

check out newenough.com. They have some great deals on winter gear

Comment

This is my first year winter riding, and I knew nothing about the gear. I went to my local Suzuki shop and ran into a guy who had used a jacket liner and gloves from Gerbing for a year or so. He gave them two thumbs up.
                          I tend to lose body heat really quickly, so the heated jacket liner and gloves seemed like a good idea to me, so I ordered them last week. From what I understand, when you get them, they include all the parts necessary to wire them to the fuse block.

I'll let you know how they work out. Now all I have to do is keep my neck from getting cold...
                          -
                          -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post

I'll let you know how they work out. Now all I have to do is keep my neck from getting cold...
                            Balaclava .

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                              Balaclava .
                              I'll check it out. thx MD86!
                              -
                              -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Working...
                              X