X

Fieldsheer Positano boots

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fieldsheer Positano boots

I'm looking for a fairly inexpensive pair of street/sport boots for general riding (i.e., not for trackdays).

Both RideGear and Kneedraggers have the Fieldsheer Positano for about $116 shipped.

Anyone have any experience with these? Would I be that much better off to spend the extra thirty bucks or so and get Alpinestars GPS-3s? (I'm a poor college student, and thirty or thirty-five bucks is a fair chunk of groceries.)
    I got a worried mind, sharin' what I thought was mine
    Gonna leave her where the guitars play

It is always worth the extra cost to move up a step in protection if you can afford it.

I don't have any experience with those boots directly but they look similar to the teknic chicane which new were in that price range and had similar protection features.
    For normal everyday use that style of boot isn't bad. You do need to recognize that there is not a lot of ankle break protection with them which is a downfall for a lot of lower cost boots. They will provide a lot better protection against sliding/ wear through, splitting or outright coming off, than any tennis shoe and 99% of the work boots out there.
    For your price range that is a decent boot.

Now be smart! Since you are broke by self proclamation GO TO EBAY!!!!!!!! There are a TON of deals to be had if you know your size and what you want.
    In the past 3 weeks I have scored 2 sets of Sidi Carbon Race boots in perfect condition (1 set never worn, second one worn 5 times) for $200 each! These are $330 boots at NewEnough which usually has about the best price on gear. The deals are there, you just have to look and be patient.
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Heh. Yeah, I've been looking on Ebay. It's the whole "be patient" thing I occasionally have trouble with.
      I got a worried mind, sharin' what I thought was mine
      Gonna leave her where the guitars play

Comment

Working...
      X