X

Teknic Violator gloves- Any opinions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teknic Violator gloves- Any opinions?

Upon inspecting my gear as I get antsy for spring I found that my gloves did not survive winter on the shelf so well and that the leather is starting to get brittle (rot).
    This time instead of just looking for "basic" or "adequet" protection I'm aiming a little higher on the quality chart. I still can't afford the really good stuff but in most gear you get what you pay for so I plan to spend a little.

In gloves what is interesting me these days seems to be Kevlar stiching, Kangaroo skin and padding at critical points (wrist/palm), Heavy material weight with carbon/hard knuckles and or layered leather. All in the $100-$125 price range (I am a craftsman, my hands are my life)

Seemingly the '05 Teknic Violators would fit all of the things I want and are within my budget. Before I go rushing off to buy them though I though it might be a good idea to see if anyone here was wearing them, had any reviews or had a suggestion for a better quality glove in the same range.

NewEnough can get them to me for $115 delivered which is the best I've found.

I love the look of the gloves but the colors they have going are just butt ugly IMO so Black will be the choice for these I think.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

i had the older version of the glove. i liked them but they wore through in the middle of the left palm. kinda worrisome since i never crashed just wore trough on the grip. i probably got about 20000 miles out of them so maybe that's not so bad.
    '03 Yamaha FZ1

Comment

Those are sweet!! do they come in blue?
      TDA Racing/Motorsports
      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
      Who knows what is next?
      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
        Those are sweet!! do they come in blue?
        Well, sorta... all the pics I've seen of the blue are a metallic pastel is the only way I can describe it, Blah!

Comment

Ive not worn teknic at all..but a similar style of ICON, seem to work really well for me. Although I do really prefer a velcro strap across the wrist for alittle added support.

but overall, they look pretty sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
            Ive not worn teknic at all..but a similar style of ICON, seem to work really well for me. Although I do really prefer a velcro strap across the wrist for alittle added support.

but overall, they look pretty sweet.
            Ahh but unless I am understanding you wrong they do have that and it's an ingenious little way that they do it. They have reversed the direction of the wrist strap so that it is now underneath and works with the gauntlet strap so that they pull toward each other instead of in the same direction. Also they put an extra flap on the underside that covers and protects the wrist strap from snagging on something and ripping loose or pulling open. Look at the silver pic again on the underside of the wrist and you can see the strap under the flap.

Comment

that won't work, I will take the black then to go with my ballistic's
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

Originally posted by THAZKAT
                that won't work, I will take the black then to go with my ballistic's
                That was pretty much my feeling, although the silver would match my new boots and the silver on the shoulders of my jacket to really work up that power ranger look

It's all about visibility for me!

Comment

Jim can I embroider KatRiders.com on my Ballistic, please?
                  TDA Racing/Motorsports
                  Who knows what is next?

Comment

Jim I have a pair of them I like them alot. The kevlar across the knuckels takes some gettinng use until it confors to your hand. Now the kevlar on my knuckels are not colored matched to the rest of the glove. I have rode with where it got down to about 35F and my hands got a little chilly. So far they have not worn out in area of the glove. I got mine from new enough last year before the Gap trip.
                    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

They look like they would be kinda hot in the sumertime?

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Originally posted by suzuki2000
                        They look like they would be kinda hot in the sumertime?
                        so being cool is better than being safe? Hmmm.
                        TDA Racing/Motorsports
                        Who knows what is next?

Comment

those silver are just about the GAYEST thing I have ever saw!

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                            those silver are just about the GAYEST thing I have ever saw!
                            No, that would be your avatar

I think I'll be going with the black ones.

Thaz, embroider away bro.

Comment

For violators, I'd be looking for something with more latex.

Oop, motorcycle gloves. Sorry

Comment

Working...
                              X