X

Icon Field Armor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon Field Armor

Has anyone seen the new field armor from Icon? The knee guards are an interesting alternative to full pants. If someone has seen them or has them I would be interested in a review.

dont know of anyone that uses it, but seems like its pretty cool, and Icon is good stuff! Hey, if you cant have full leathers, this is the next best thing..

Comment

Wonder how big they make them. I could use a set of the pant and legs stuff.
      Kan-O-Gixxer!
      -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
      -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
      -Ohlins Susupension
      -Various Other Mods

Comment

That vest looks so cool, I'd have to wear it on the outside
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

It'd be a cold day in heck when I spend a single dollar on Icon stuff...

For one, it's pretty poorly made. Read reviews on the stuff. It doesn't hold up well. Also, if you have the opportunity to physically compare Icon stuff to better manufacturer's stuff at a store, do so... The quality difference is pretty evident...

Now, the MAIN reason I wouldn't pay a dime for the stuff is they blatently market to squids. Come on, what good is a riding jacket with REMOVABLE SLEEVES? GOLD PLATED metal on gloves which is MARKETED as bling? Get real. Any company that actually encourages squid posers isn't getting a dime of my money. F 'em...
          -Steve

Comment

Originally posted by stevnmd

For one, it's pretty poorly made. Read reviews on the stuff. It doesn't hold up well. Also, if you have the opportunity to physically compare Icon stuff to better manufacturer's stuff at a store, do so... The quality difference is pretty evident...

Now, the MAIN reason I wouldn't pay a dime for the stuff is they blatently market to squids. Come on, what good is a riding jacket with REMOVABLE SLEEVES? GOLD PLATED metal on gloves which is MARKETED as bling? Get real. Any company that actually encourages squid posers isn't getting a dime of my money. F 'em...
            and he's back!!! I do think the gold plated gloves are pretty pointless..go down once,and they are ruined..and for 250.00!!!

i've got a pair of icon tarmac gloves that do serve me quite well though...

Comment

I don't know if I would grind without leathers on. (owner biase towards Dainese)

Comment

Originally posted by stevnmd

I agree that a lot their stuff is pretty cheesy and that it looks like it is more about image than protection, but I have not seen anything like the the pads that they offer. For upper body protection I would go with a good jacket from another company or the High Velocity Gear set up. I just would like to have a little more protection for my legs until I can afford proper riding pants.

Comment

ya gotta see the 10page ad they got in motor cyclist mag. All aimed at future road rash victims.

Comment

I agree that the gold gloves are rediculous, but I have read a lot of good reviews about the TiMax gloves. I do have a soft spot in my heart for anything that medieval looking though.
                    ~Jayson

Comment

I totally agree with Stevnmd about the quality and the marketing of Icon. There are only a few things that I would even think about getting from them. Mainly there new Mil-Spec reflective vest made for military personnel. That and I kind of like the boots they sell.
                      1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                      2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                      Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

i cant say that i've tried the field amour yet..but the icon gear I do have actually works pretty well for me. the tarmac gloves are very comfortable and provide good protection and support for the knuckles and palms.

i guess if you dont have riding leathers with the gear built in, this would be a good thing.

Comment

im thinking of getting the leg armor, not for a while though. i have to spend money on the bike first
                          Matt

The Difference Between Ordinary And Extraordinary Is That Little Extra

Comment

i recently fell and i was wearing icon timax gloves and jacket , and no leg protection , although i was only going about 15 mph when i hit the sand , my icon stuff worked well, my hip and knee got hurt from just jeans on, i got back to the crowd of peeps i know and alot of them said that most gloves they have fell with have riped when they fell unlike mine that only lost 1 palm sliding rivet , and that titanium armor on the back of the jacket actualy got hit and has some deep scratches on it.
                            dont knock that bling glove just becuase it has gold plating on top of the titanum deosnt mean it dont work when u fall , i happen to think the timax glove is the best protection glove , i have the full wrist one and yes the wrist did get hit on the ground too .
                            sigpic

Comment

But look at it this way. If the marketing is working then the squids will be wearing gear. They think it makes them look cool. That's fine with me, at least they are wearing something. It's better than sun glasses, shorts and flip flops.

But for the price it should be better quality.
                              Josh

'97 TL1000S, '91 GSF400 Bandit

Comment

Working...
                              X