X

My new jacket and helmet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new jacket and helmet

After painting my bike blue I wanted to get matching gear. The gear I had was matched up for the black Yamaha Seca II that I had before the kat so it was grey/black in color. I had a leather Alpinestars Stunt 2 jacket that was really nice, but the size that I got was a tad too big around my chest so it didn't fit as well as it could have had I gotten 1 size smaller. I ended up getting a textile jacket this time around, a Shift Racing Avenger jacket. It fits me perfectly and is very comfortable. It's quite a bit lighter that the leather alpinestars jacket which is nice but I hope that in a crash the textile holds up somewhat close to the leather. For a helmet I went from a HJC CL-12 to a Scorpion Exo-700. The visor on this helmet is awesome. No matter how hard I try it doesn't fog up which is more than I can say for the HJC. I got a medium for the scorpion thinking that since my medium HJC fit perfectly so would the Scorpion. The Scorpion is a fairly tight fit but it's a good thing. I think I could've went with the large but the medium will work. Here's a picture of both the jacket and the helmet. For anyone shopping for either right now I recommend both.

2002 Katana 600
    1999 Ford F150

Nice gear. I love my Scorpion helmet too.
    96 Katana 600
    97 4 door Blazer LT
    03 Honda Pilot EXL
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I love my EXO-700, You can swap out the liners for $30 and get that large you want, but also know that the helmet fit will loosen up just a bit as you use it. I used to wear a hat backwards under my helmet so I had something to cover up the "helmet hair" and when I stopped doing that I noticed the helmet was looser fitting...it has seem to come back into shape since then tho, but it could be me just getting used to it.

Comment

Working...
      X