• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The CF one looks great....:P
    Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
      Hey Jim, do you have a link for those other helmets you showed pics of? I would like to see what different colors they have.
      Go to kbc-helmet.com and look under "products" and then "FFR". They've got all the colors shown and have a neato little 3D java applet that you can spin the helmet around with to get a full view.
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Sweet looking helmet. I got my KBC yesterday and put it on and what a nice fit. IT fits better than my AGV and it feels lighter too. Jim after searching the web for about 2 weeks on prices helmetharbor has everyone beat. Anything over a certain $$ amount is free shipping. SO all you pay for is the helmet. I called them and was aksing about the one I got. I left them a message since it was after business hours they called the next day to let me know what they had in stock. I had laready bought it from another place but still good CS if you ask me.

Do you know what size you will need to get? I wear a Large in the AGV and that is what I got in the KBC. I had the opportunity to try on the exact helmet and size I got though. The shield on this helmet locks down. It comes down to a point where it can be left up for venting if you want then you pull it pass that point and it makes a nice seal. I walked around last night with it on and went into the garage and it did not fog up. Never owned a KBC before but I fell it is going to be a great helmet. You will be very happy with it.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Honestly still not 100% hooked on the flip-up yet. I was and then AHF brought up the lock mechanism and got me thinking.
          I looked around though and didn't see any (including shoei) that had the double lock. Everyone advertises a single button release. Doesn't exactly blow it out of the water but I am planning a little trip around town this weekend to see if I can find one to try on and get personal with. Although If I can't find one I'll probably go ahead and order this one and then just ebay it if I don't like it or am not comfortable with the locks.

As a strange turn of events though someone backed into my wife last week and she got the numbers from the insurance company yesterday.

I bought a 15 year old car for $400, drove it for a year, she gets backed into doing only surface damage, I tell the paying insurance that I will gladly settle for the estimate of $700 and they say no and write me a check for $1500.

Needless to say, "sweet talking" her into letting me get a new helmet just got a LOT easier....... and I think pair of '05 Teknic Violator gloves just got added to the list too

Comment

hey, sometimes things just work out. nah spread the wealth. oh and by the way, flip top is the way to go.. u know if smoke from biker boyz wore a flip top, everyone should

Comment

Well poop.

They've done a lot of reviews of products on that site and usually I tend to agree with most of them. Don't think I'll be spending money on this one right away. I am sure a good part of it had to do with fit but there seem to be quite a few other things that aren't as great as the marketing ad would make you believe... go figure that

Back to searching.....

Comment

$800 Vemar VSR Carbon

That is the ultimate in Gear, I need so bad to hit the lottery!
                TDA Racing/Motorsports
                1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                Who knows what is next?
                Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Hate to say it Jim, especially since I know there are a lot of members here that like them, but I don't feel that KBC is a very good helmet at all. I think there are a lot better options still reasonably priced. Just my $.02

Comment

Working...
                  X