X

Cleaning inside of helmet visor??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning inside of helmet visor??

How do you clean this? It's the non fog inside to a HJC CL-15. I know it says not to touch it ever but how are you supposed to clean it up? It's a bit splochy from me wearing it the first time and not realizing i could just leave the visor open one click adn get mroe air. Thanks for any help.
    Me
    http://www.myspace.com/alllostthings

Hmmm did you read the manual?
    How about the HJC website?

Comment

My helmet didn't come with a manual, just the receipt from the shop and a cloth HJC bag. I never thought of checking the website though thanks.
      Me

Comment

I did a quick google.. Nothing. Maybe there is an email at the web site.

Comment

Take the visor off the helmet. Fill your kitchen sink with warm soapy water. Mild dish soap recommended. And let it soak for a few minutes. Dry with a soft cotton towel.
          Do not use any paper towel or paper based products ever to dry. It will leave scratches.

Comment

Originally posted by notec
            Take the visor off the helmet. Fill your kitchen sink with warm soapy water. Mild dish soap recommended. And let it soak for a few minutes. Dry with a soft cotton towel.

Exactly how I do the inside.
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

I clean my visor with dish soap and lots of warm water. I use a paper towel to dry it, but I do not wipe the visor. I use the paper to blot the water and it does not leave any scratches.

Comment

As long as you dont wipe it wont scratch......blotting is ok.

Comment

Actually if you can clean it with mild soap (if!)
                  Then don't even bother drying it. Just let it sit on a paper towel or cloth. That's how I clean my safety glasses. If you want to avoid scratches don't wipe blot anything! My $0.02 anyway.

Comment

Good point BP, but I do not have that kind of patience. I use the same method for my safety glasses and I have been working with the same pair for four years.

Comment

You think visors are dishwasher safe...?

Hmmm, time for an experiment!
                      Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
                      18v Rigid Drill
                      Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
                      New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

I would not do it because I use granular dish soap. I would hate to scratch a visor before the soap get dissolved.

Comment

just take off the visor. when you open it on the helmet there is a tab on each side under the visor, where the visor would be located if it were down, push the tabs to the back of the helmet and the visor pops out. i just use windex and a paper towel, no scratches works great. then just do the same thing to put the visor back in, push the tabs back and slide the tab on the visor into the slot on the helmet. batta-bing batta-boom. done. NEEEEEEXT!

ive got the same helmet just so you know. i do the same thing to mine and havent had any scratches from that.

Comment

I just spray some eye glass cleaner and wipe it with a power towel.

havent had any problems and if any do every come up visors are cheap enough

Comment

Cool Thanks for all the tips and responses guys. I'm in for the day so I guess I'll clean it up now.
                              Me

Comment

Working...
                              X