X

Searching for earplugs/hearing protection

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching for earplugs/hearing protection

So I came across this video from youtube and it's pretty insightful. t's from a custom earplug company called Big Ear. I have tinnitus and have been having trouble finding the perfect earplugs to buy. I've tried foam plugs and I agree with what the presenter in the video said that it might work for others but it might not work for you.

The problem is custom earplugs are expensive and I'm not that loaded.

Would it be worth the $ if I somehow get one of these custom earplugs? Do you know a place that sells cheaper custom plugs?

I hope you guys can help me with this.

THANK YOU AND RIDE SAFELY
    Last edited by BrookEbisa; 08-03-2019, 01:00 PM.

That's what I use. Work just fine.
    -Steve

sigpic
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
    Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

When I used to tour on my Katana, I’d wear Hearos foam plugs . They work fine.
      When I go to concerts, I wear ethyotics ( sp?) noise reducing ear plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by BrookEbisa View Post
        So I came across this video from youtube and it's pretty insightful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAqFtwJ0vDM It's from a custom earplug company called Big Ear. I have tinnitus and have been having trouble finding the perfect earplugs to buy. I've tried foam plugs and I agree with what the presenter in the video said that it might work for others but it might not work for you.

The problem is custom earplugs are expensive and I'm not that loaded.

Would it be worth the $ if I somehow get one of these custom earplugs? Do you know a place that sells cheaper custom plugs?

I hope you guys can help me with this.

THANK YOU AND RIDE SAFELY
        Hey Brook,

Thanks for posting this. I have hyperacusis and I'm really interested with hearing protection.

Comment

Loved this video of them. This product looks great but I have to say that it's a bit expensive.

Comment

I have tried molded earplugs over the years, and they just don't seal right, especially when moving your head around. I've used foam earplugs with the best results, but lately westone tru 20 db universal plugs off amazon have been my go to. They're only 20 bucks and come with 2 different sizes so you can mix and match. They don't provide as much noise reduction as foam plugs, but they're awesome in that sound is still natural, but at a much lower volume. If the universal idea doesn't work well for you, you can get a low profile custom molded set that uses the same filter and also works pretty well.
            Last edited by indianboy7; 07-29-2019, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Have you considered going to a audiologist to get a pair of custom fitted molds? May be your best bet, since they will be unique to each ear canal to remain in place without discomfort.
              2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
              2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Since you have tinnitus, I know of cheap custom earplugs. Why don't you try Decibullz Custom Molded Earplugs?

Comment

Working...
                X