Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Gear - Pics after crash (large post - 56K beware)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear - Pics after crash (large post - 56K beware)

Hiya,

After posting about my crash a couple of people requested I post pics of the gear. Here is the result:

Helmet after landing on chin and sliding along on face

Gloves (knuckle protection worn down)

hole through side of finger (caused my deepest injury)

holes in back of middle finger

Jacket sleeve worn through (was lying on arm while sliding)

Injuries to me were minor. I rode home. Basically wrenched shoulder, graze on arm where jacket wore through, small scrapes to fingers, bruised knees. I was wearing draggin jeans and they aren't even marked.

Now for the worst pics

My baby

fulcrum (aka David)
    Blue 2004 GSX750F
    Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
    If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Gentlemen, we can rebuild them. We have the technology. We have the capability to rebuild him & his Kat. Fulcrum & his Blue 2004 GSX750F will be that project. Better than they were before. Better, stronger, faster.
    I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

glad you came out of it alright, good excuse for some clear lenses and a slip-on pipe!

Comment

Originally posted by KatDan2
        glad you came out of it alright, good excuse for some clear lenses and a slip-on pipe!
        Exactly.

Oh , and remove those warning stickers too!!

Gear looks like it held up well... good to hear!!!

Comment

Does not look that bad....am sure that you will have it fixed in no time....glad that the gear did it's job and you walked away!!
          Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

That does not look too bad at all. Thanks for sharing the pics. Seeing stuff like that makes me feel better about spending lots of money on good gear.

Comment

Glad you're ok, Think of what it would have been like if you didn't wear your gear. I know some one around here who feels he's superman and doesn't need his gear when he rides. I always tell him but he'll probably learn the hard way one of these days.

Comment

Glad to see you were ok and glad to see you had on Gear. I argued with a guy who is a no-lid rider on safety. I showed him my brand new ICON helmet and it has a chip in the top front the size of a small pebble, fairly deep chip. He said see your helmut is screwed up now. I said look at the area it hit you moron and i pointed to the top of his forehead and asked if i could throw a pebble 80 mph at his skull.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1100FL
                  Gentlemen, we can rebuild them. We have the technology. We have the capability to rebuild him & his Kat. Fulcrum & his Blue 2004 GSX750F will be that project. Better than they were before. Better, stronger, faster.

that's a long way to go for a bionic man joke . but i do appreciate it
                  NEVER rub another man's Rhubarb

Comment

Thanks for sharing the pics, it sad to see someone crashed but it is very good to see and hear firsthand on how well the gear stands up in a crash.

Any idea how far you slid on the pavement?
                    Kyle

Comment

you faired pretty well...get back on her!

Comment

I don't really know how far I slid, but 5-10m would be my guess. I couldn't really tell where I got chucked off, or where I first hit the ground.

New gear has already started arriving. I have my new jacket (leather this time) and I'm getting new helmet and gloves on Saturday.

The bike is getting dropped off at my dealer on Saturday and being inspected by the insurance people next week. Shouldn't take too long to be fixed up. I had a close look and the fairing put quite a bit of pressure on the frame where it came down, but I don't think it is bent or damaged. It should just be a new fairing, mirror, bar end, both brake levers, front mudguard, etc etc.

I'll talk to them about getting a new slip-on, and also ask about clear indicators. The good thing is my dealer will be the people fixing it (they are an authorised repairer for my insurance company). How many of you guys have your dealer ring you after hearing about your prang to make sure you're okay? These guys are great.
                        fulcrum (aka David)
                        Blue 2004 GSX750F
                        Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
                        If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

Fom what I understand a aftermarket slip on is probably cheaper than buying a new stock can.
                          Kyle

Comment

She'll be looking sharp again in no time, as long as you faired well!!
                            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Looks like the gear did it's job nicely.
                              Certainly no fun I'm sure but you did manage to hit what I think are all of the key elements of loosing your cherry. You went highside which is the worst possible scenerio, you landed on your shoulder/neck/head which is the worst possible scenerio and you slid with limbs under you which is a very, very bad way to go.
                              Having experienced that and exeriencing first hand the reason for good gear to get you through it I am sure will do nothing but make you a better rider.

I'm very glad you were not seriously hurt and the Kat held up well all things considered. Thanks for sharing the pics with us.
                              New riders take note!
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Working...
                              X