Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Balistics, and what you wear underneath!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balistics, and what you wear underneath!

A earlier thread spoke of wearing Under Armor under your leathers. I was wondering if the same could go with balistic wear. As it is, I usualy sport just a sleaveless T-Shirt under my balastic JR jacket, but I was thinking, would it still be safe to wear just some under armor with the balsitic pants, or do they get some of there strength from wearing jeans under them. I want to remain as cool as possible, which means I would prefer to wear just the under armor with Balistic pants, but I will wear jeans if I really have to.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

I wear shorts and a t-shirt at work in the summer and that's all I'd wear under my gear be it my speedmaster leather pants or phoenix textile ones.
    Kyle

Comment

Under Armour (http://www.underarmour.com/) is not amour as in protection during a crash. Under Armour is designed to keep you cooler by wicking away perspiration. A lot of the guys that wear full leathers say that Under Armor also makes it easier to get the leathers on and off. If you have a well fitted jacket with good armour/padding you should not need to add anything under it.

Comment

what he said....

I have a couple of ballistic pants.. one for wearing outside of clothes when it is cold and the other for wearing without clothes underneath.. except for shorts or boxer-briefs...
        Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I go commando in my JR Ballistics. I do have a large pair to wear over jeans when it gets cold. What do you feel comfortable with?
          2000 Kat 600
          "Fast Blue"
          Pic in Profile

Comment

I usually wear a t-shirt under my jacket. Of couarse it fits perfects and has built in amour.

Oh and by the way, remind me to never buy bluekats ballistic pants, should they ever come up for sale here

Comment

I am ALWAYS Commando

Comment

Yeah, I knew the underarmor was to wick away mositure. I just wasn't sure if you needed to wear jeans with the balistic pants or not.

Sounds like you don't, and thats what I wanted to hear!
                Kan-O-Gixxer!
                -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                -Ohlins Susupension
                -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by 1BlueKat
                  I go commando in my JR Ballistics. I do have a large pair to wear over jeans when it gets cold. What do you feel comfortable with?
                  That's probably gets alittle interesting after long day of riding and taking off your gear?

Comment

I wear a back protector and t-shirt under my Ballistic Jacket. I bought it with the intension of being able to wear a sweat shirt or other warm clothing under it so there is plenty of room.
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                      I am ALWAYS Commando

I knew I wasnt the only one!
                      2000 Kat 600
                      "Fast Blue"
                      Pic in Profile

Comment

Working...
                      X