No announcement yet.
X

Securely store gloves and helmet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put the gloves in the helmet and lock that to the helmet lock. Normally you could not tell that any gloves are in the helmet, so I don't worry about them. If they do get stolen I get a reason to go buy more.

As for the jacket is stays with me.

Comment

1. gloves under seat
      2. helmet secured on hook under seat
      3. wear jacket
      One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

you can always be a bad ass and just leave your gear on your bike like most cruisers do but most of them are leaving 30 dollar brain buckets. But ever once in a while I see a sport biker leaving his shinny soumy sitting on his mirrors. Just make sure when you get off your bike you have a angry intemidating look on your face letting any would be helment theives know you will beat the living crap out of them if they try.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian_M
          What I do at some places, mostly just going to school is lock the helmet in the loop under the seat, put my gloves under the seat, and I have a cable lock that I loop through the arms of my jacket and around the passenger grab bar. If it's possible depending on where I'm at I'll just bring the jacket with me though
          +1
          sigpic

Comment

PHSSSS......

You guys dont have SH!T on me.... i dont take anything off i just walk around all day with everything still on as if i was still riding... yeah you laugh! but when the Avalanch is a comin ya'll will be foolin with ya straps and i'll be down the road... (just got doone watching "Day After Tomorrow")
            If your paddleing up steam and a wheel falls of.....
            How many pancakes fit in a dog house??......

None stupid!...... Ice cream doesn’t have bones!

Comment

Re: PHSSSS......

Originally posted by pimp-kat
              You guys dont have SH!T on me.... i dont take anything off i just walk around all day with everything still on as if i was still riding... yeah you laugh! but when the Avalanch is a comin ya'll will be foolin with ya straps and i'll be down the road... (just got doone watching "Day After Tomorrow")
              hmmm why would you be riding during an avalanch. If your crazy enough to ride in a snow storm maybe theres a reason you have to wear full gear just to walk around.

Comment

I put my gloves in the jacket zipper pockets, Helmets (usually ridding 2UP) under seat hook and lock, Both jackets cable locked thru arms tie down brackets and rear wheel rim. Oh yeah ... Take the key with you ... for both the cable lock and the Kat ...
                2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

I just bought a $759.00 Arai helmet and keep it locked on the side of the bike even when I ride cause it looks cool, lol, Sorry, sorry, just could'nt help myself. I'm trying to figure out how to lock my tailbag, I bought a cortech sport tail bag cause it can hold a large thermos of coffee and shoes...
                  "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

Originally posted by madkatana
                    I just bought a $759.00 Arai helmet and keep it locked on the side of the bike even when I ride cause it looks cool, lol, Sorry, sorry, just could'nt help myself. I'm trying to figure out how to lock my tailbag, I bought a cortech sport tail bag cause it can hold a large thermos of coffee and shoes...
                    I did this small cable lock through the tank bag and around the triple clamp plus if you have a two zipper bag drill a hole and in the zippers and small pad lock keeps contents safe. at least thats what worked for me cause I hated taning it off everytime I park.

Comment

Originally posted by koolcutta
                      I did this small cable lock through the tank bag and around the triple clamp plus if you have a two zipper bag drill a hole and in the zippers and small pad lock keeps contents safe. at least thats what worked for me cause I hated taning it off everytime I park.
                      Yeah , luggage locks . Problem is , I , like alot of people (and I'd think thieves) , carry a pocketknife .....
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

cable lock

when not in use I wrapped the cable lock around grab bar well after two mounths of riding I find the cabe have rubbed the paint off of my tail where the cable touched. NOOOOOOOO my bike was in perfect condition not it looks like it went down in some odd way. just a warning if you value your paint job
                        Eeeek! That doeth suck brother...
                        I found a micro version of the cable lock small enough to stow under the seat. Any place above the seat is either going to be an eye sore or create one. Can't have that. Nor can I have some thug make off with my somewhat pricey Icon Motorhead jacket.
                        The small cable lock (or retractable one) fits under the seat with my shades, Joe Rocket ball cap (can't have any helmet hair either) insurance card/registration, Gerber multi-tool and garage door opener with a fraction of room left over.

james
                        Think I'll start a thread asking "What's the biggest tire you can put on a Kat?"

Comment

Working...
                        X