X

Under armor or a inexpensive alternative

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under armor or a inexpensive alternative

From what I can tell, whether you get the real official underarmor, or an off brand, it's still gonna do the same job, which is keep my leathers from sticking to me like glue huh.

Yes. I've been looking at under armour lately as well and everything I've read states it's exactly the same material as any sporting company (ie Nike, Reebok) would produce. I have a couple of the Nike wicking shirts and they work awesome. If you spend 20 bucks or 70 bucks.. it'll do the same job. Although the stitching and craftsmanship might not be as top notch.

I will be getting some of the pants for this year... took me 25 mins to get my leathers off after a day of riding at the GAP. And that was with Range helping me!

Comment

OK, i was following and maintaining interest in ur post until that last line about range helping you out of ur pants!

That's exactly what I wanna avoid down there..since i'll wake up, put on leathers, and keep them on till I crash out at night, the easier to get out of them, the better. Feeling sticky is icky .

Comment

Sporting good stores carry stuff like that as well. Good buy. If I get that one peice suit, I am gona invest in that stuff!
        Kan-O-Gixxer!
        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
        -Ohlins Susupension
        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
          That's exactly what I wanna avoid down there..since i'll wake up, put on leathers, and keep them on till I crash out at night, the easier to get out of them, the better. Feeling sticky is icky .
          Yup. I will not be going to down there this year without them.

Comment

i've got some from bicycle shops as well, try www.performancebike.com they usually have some on sale, especially this time of year.

Comment

I went to the local discount store Gabriel Bros - I found a Nike long sleeve for under $15 - leathers slide on and off like a breeze.

BTW, did Junior say something about Range helping him out of his pants?
              I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. -- Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

yea, i have an under armor shirt and a couple of off brand ones. i like the off brands better actually. they fit better i think. but yea, same material, they do the same job. go for the cheaper ones!
                if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

I use the Under Armor Cold Gear for cold weather riding and think the stuff is great. I was amazed at how well it keep me warm, compared to nothing but T-Shirts and regular jeans. The pants was the biggest difference, since my legs got the coldest. I'm planning on getting some of the Heat Gear (Shirt only) to help out in the Hot Summer riding next.
                  Paladin

1996 GSX 600 F
                  Katana

Comment

i like to think i'm kinda an expert on this matter, but maybe i'm wrong. i'm livin in the desert right now and i have under armour and some off name stuff and they both do bout the same. of course the off name stuff isn't made as well and is already fallin apart after bout a month, makes me happy i didn't pay for it.
                    i also have the same versions of both in cold gear. i used it when i was ridin when i was in the states. i would ride no matter what the wether because i wouldn't b ridin for 6-8 months. the under armour deffinately worked better. but of course, the name of the game is layers. put on several layers and u'll b money.
                    just my .02
                    Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

Working...
                    X