X

AGV suzuki gsxr jackets?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGV suzuki gsxr jackets?

i tried on a bunch of jackets this weekend, and the two that fit me best were the alpinestars mx1 and the agv suzuki gsxr jacket.

so questions

1. would i look stupid wearing a gsxr jacket?
    2. is agv a good brand?

sorry for the noobness.

Welcome to KR...now before you get flamed for your questions...I'll answer them....but next time do a search it will help and you'll get the answers faster....so question 1....You will look more stupid in a tank top, shorts and flip flops (unless you live in CA)...gear is gear and don't worry about the fashion statement...you'll be ok wearing something that protects you.......

Question 2...I thought I'd quote one of my favorite KR brothers for this one (like I said this topic has been covered)...
    Originally posted by Black_peter
    EDIT
    Originally posted by Black_peter
    I guess we are hearing "yes" to AGV jackets..
    Except for Mac.. He hates them, wouldn't make his worst enemy wear one.
    Hung his in the back yard and pees on it daily, pickets the offices on his lunch hour and spends his weekend at the mall gathering petitions to get their US license revoked..
    "No" to AGV gloves..
    I have AGV boots that are on their 14th year..
    Go figure..
    Better??

I included the link so you can check out the whole discussion...good luck and keep safe!!!
    Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

thats funny.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Jax
        Welcome to KR...now before you get flamed for your questions...I'll answer them....but next time do a search it will help and you'll get the answers faster....so question 1....You will look more stupid in a tank top, shorts and flip flops (unless you live in CA)...gear is gear and don't worry about the fashion statement...you'll be ok wearing something that protects you.......

I included the link so you can check out the whole discussion...good luck and keep safe!!!
        thanks man. i guess it was 3 parts to it. one was the fashion statement since i dont like when ppl put fake badges on their car ( i thought this might be akin to it)

part 2 was to get my post count up. so i can view the classifieds

part 3 i just didnt see anyone really talk about those jackets and how well they might protect in a fall.

i is teh apologize.

Comment

Good times...

Comment

Hey no worries...glad you decided to join KR..we're all about good times here...
            Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I have an older AGV Sport perforated jacket myself. I haven’t crash tested it myself but after 3 years it is still in one piece. I would buy another one in a heart beat..

As for the GSXR badges to me it really wouldn’t matter, Hey you are riding a GSXF – that is close..

Comment

thanks guy. hopefully ill be more active here like i am on other forums once i start riding.

take my MSF course in a month...

Comment

Originally posted by owace
                  thanks guy. hopefully ill be more active here like i am on other forums once i start riding.

take my MSF course in a month...

the MSF is tons of fun, I just finished mine up last sunday.

Comment

Speaking of MSF.. My insurance sent me my new ID cards and a page stating I'll get a nice discount on my rate if I take the MSF course...

I have Geico. How much will I actually save..?? and does the MSF cost?? worth the time to go?? I've been riding two wheels since I've been able to walk. Never even thought about taking a course to teach me to do sometiong I already know how to do. Hell I teach my friends how to ride.. lol

O'h and yea, wear your jacket no matter what the patches say.. You can always put a KR.com sticker over the gsxxr patch ..

Comment

Most insurance companies give you 15% off, you could take the ERC instead of the beginners course. You'll be surprised at what you can learn. The cost depends on your state

looks like the BRC is ~220 and the ERC is ~90.

Comment

How dare you not use the search engine and ask a questions first!!!!

Seriously, I have an AGV Suzuki jacket and it looks good, is comfortable and is well armored. No problems but I have not been down with it and hopefully never will.

As for the GSXR on the jacket, who cares bro. If it saves your skin, then you are good. Look at this way, only people with sports bike knowledge will know the difference anyway. Most of the time you are a blur anyway! Don't sweat it.
                        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                        JOHN 16:33

Comment

I just got my new Teknic Freestyle Textile jacket and I love it! just an FYI. You will probably take a ragging from your friends over the Gixxer Jacket but Im on the same page, gear is gear, as long as it protects you its all good.

Comment

You could also remove the GSXR emblems if the threads are not too thick.
                            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Personally I think that unless you're riding a gixxer and are into the whole gixxer fanboy thing (suit, helmet, gloves, boots all with GSX-R logos on them) then I say don't bother with the GSX-R suit. Get something that will still protect you but with nothing but manufacturer logos on them that way you can wear the suit on pretty much any bike and not have to change suits if you change bikes.

To give you an example:

is the suit I wear
                              Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
                              fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
                              fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
                              girls = yammah
                              yammah = a bunch of liars

Comment

Working...
                              X