X

IS YOUR BIKE SAFE ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS YOUR BIKE SAFE ?

I though this would be a good place to put this page i'm going to post up on....i think this should be part of our gear as well. I just put some nice $$$ into my 91 gsx 750 geating it Stolen would realy make me good reading http://www.sportrider.com/features/146_9812_theft/
    http://www.putfile.com/omegajireh AKA ONYOUR6 ......If you think education is expensive, wait till you see the price of ignorance!

My stomach just turned upside down even though my bike is not in the top ten stolen bikes or that I live in one of the top ten states for stolen bikes
    I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1100FL
      My stomach just turned upside down even though my bike is not in the top ten stolen bikes or that I live in one of the top ten states for stolen bikes
      same here after i seen it
      http://www.putfile.com/omegajireh AKA ONYOUR6 ......If you think education is expensive, wait till you see the price of ignorance!

Comment

I like where it says not even in your own garage. That is true, but if they can get my car out of the way then they can have the car and the bike. Besides my house alarm is wired to my garage door and that is the only way into my garage. No other doors lead into from the outside. Most people put alarms on their house but do not wire the main garage doors to go off when the alarm is set. By the way mine is monitored. They are calling in less than 15 seconds of it going off. No answer cops are dispatched. So in less than 1 minute cops are on the way and usually at my house in about 5 minutes. I know I have set it off and had them there in no time flat.
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Great article. Georgia is in the top ten. Time to secure the area.

Comment

Originally posted by Highsight2020
            I like where it says not even in your own garage. That is true, but if they can get my car out of the way then they can have the car and the bike. Besides my house alarm is wired to my garage door and that is the only way into my garage. No other doors lead into from the outside. Most people put alarms on their house but do not wire the main garage doors to go off when the alarm is set. By the way mine is monitored. They are calling in less than 15 seconds of it going off. No answer cops are dispatched. So in less than 1 minute cops are on the way and usually at my house in about 5 minutes. I know I have set it off and had them there in no time flat.
            THIS sounds like a challenge.....I ACCEPT your challenge!

Comment

how much are thoes disk locks? being at the dorms and all this made me think a lil bit more

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                *Cue theme music* There is a motorcycle in a garage that the owner has dubbed "theft-proof" . Your mission , should you choose to accept it , is to break into that garage and steal that motorcycle , and deposit it into MD86's driveway . We're counting on you , 00-goofball .
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have successfully moved my bed, toilet, computer, firearms & St. Bernard in to the garage, I think My Kat will be safe now.

At least while I'm home
                  I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

I like the idea of the beer bottle trap. As if i need another reason to get pissed

Comment

Time to call my boy in NC to bring the Apache copter fully loaded. with hellfire missles on lock!!
                      TDA Racing/Motorsports
                      1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                      Who knows what is next?
                      Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                      Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

dang it! my bike and state are both on the list. i guess teh new beer bottle alarm system is another reason to drink more!! but i also think my smith and wesson alarm system might need a little dusting off
                        if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Good read. I will lock Corey in my garage, that will keep theives outa the garage!

Did I mention he will be nude?
                          Kan-O-Gixxer!
                          -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                          -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                          -Ohlins Susupension
                          -Various Other Mods

Comment

Range I will not punch you in the throat, but I will shoot in it.
                            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Range I will not punch you in the throat, but I will shoot in it.
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                              X