X

IS YOUR BIKE SAFE ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by md86
    *Cue theme music* There is a motorcycle in a garage that the owner has dubbed "theft-proof" . Your mission , should you choose to accept it , is to break into that garage and steal that motorcycle , and deposit it into MD86's driveway . We're counting on you , 00-goofball .
    They already have a show like that. It is so funny watching how pi$$ed off people get when the guy breaks into their house. Maybe HS2020 should get them to come to his house.

She'd be smiling if she had 996 cc's of thumping twin power between her legs

Comment

Best way for me to apparently keep my bike safe from theft is to park it next to Nick's r6, and they steal his bike.
      We learned the hard way.
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Originally posted by Highsight2020
        I like where it says not even in your own garage. That is true, but if they can get my car out of the way then they can have the car and the bike. Besides my house alarm is wired to my garage door and that is the only way into my garage. No other doors lead into from the outside. Most people put alarms on their house but do not wire the main garage doors to go off when the alarm is set. By the way mine is monitored. They are calling in less than 15 seconds of it going off. No answer cops are dispatched. So in less than 1 minute cops are on the way and usually at my house in about 5 minutes. I know I have set it off and had them there in no time flat.
        Niether my bike or my state are on there.

But highsight you dont truly believe your house is that safe do you? The criminals are always one step ahead of the good guys. A truly motivated career criminal will not be detered by your alarm system. Your setup is light years better than most, but people can get in. You should check out that show that someone mentioned. I saw it the other day and the people had the coolest alarm and 2 rotties, and the guy stil got in and out of the house with no problem
        Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

That is true about the alram on that house. I saw that show. I do have something that will detect windows breaking. Yes I feel my house is very safe, due to the fact that I am here alot of the times and our neighbors do watch each others houses. This is a brand new subdivision so we know who is suppose to be here and who is not. If someone does break in they better hope the cops get them before me. Because there will not be a trial date but ther will be a funeral date. I do not take kindly to theives and I think they should have their hands cutt off when they steal something. But no house is truely safe from anyone getting in. It is only has safe as you make it. I try not to let my house be a target. Most people that get their hose broken into have doen something to let them become a target. Most people that break into your house have been in your house. That is how they know what to go steal. I do not have anything in my house of real value. IF it was to get stolen I would be happy. Then I could replace with newer stuff. Like my TV it is a 32 inch. It is one of the very first ones when they came out. That was what like 10-12 yrs ago. But no biggie.
          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by Highsight2020
            I do not take kindly to theives and I think they should have their hands cutt off when they steal something.
            Ouch! That's quite a severe punishment for stealing a pack of bubble gum isn't it.

Comment

I'm surprised my bike isn't on the list. (I feel hurt and unwanted *snif, snif*). But I know better than that. Big, honkin' chain through the wheel and parked behind the van and car in the driveway. Can't even see it from the street. Picked up a cheap motion alarm from Fry's and stuck it inside the fairing. Loud as hell and the dogs make a hell of a racket 'cause they hate it. Hope this stuff helps. Guess that's why we have insurance.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
                how much are thoes disk locks? being at the dorms and all this made me think a lil bit more
                I heard that dorms and huge apt. complexes are huge targets.
                sigpic

Comment

disk locks seem to be too easy to get by. Ever see that video with the guy picking a disk lock with a bic pen? Took him like 2 minutes
                  Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

The Xena is a alarm also, that is what I like about it.
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

they did a piece on twowheel tuesda last night it was interesting.
                      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

I need to find away to electrify my bike

Then if someone tries to toush it....
                        ZAP!
                        Kan-O-Gixxer!
                        -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                        -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                        -Ohlins Susupension
                        -Various Other Mods

Comment

Originally posted by SweetLou
                          I need to find away to electrify my bike

Then if someone tries to toush it....
                          ZAP!

Somebody invented a car alarm like that a while ago. It got a lot of press in LA in the 80's when carjacking was all the rage. It was a remote kill switch that you kept in your pocket. If someone jacks you, calmly exit the car and give them the keys. As soon as they speed off hit the switch and the doors lock, engine dies and 40,000 volts goes through the steering wheel and front seats. Not enough to kill, but enough to make you wish you were somewhere else once you woke up.

Didn't fly because of the eventual lawsuits from other motorists, pedestrians, and would-be car thieves.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thats to bad.... Stupid Law Suits
                            Kan-O-Gixxer!
                            -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                            -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                            -Ohlins Susupension
                            -Various Other Mods

Comment

Yesterday I noticed that a neighbor has a motorcycle also, I think it's a Kawasaki. How do I know he has a motorcycle? While standing on my front porch I could see the front of it peeking around the back corner of his place.

He has a garage but he parks in the driveway.

Guess he doesn't love his bike, so sad.
                              I don't know how fast my bike goes, I've never stopped to find out.

Comment

Man thats just asking for trouble...its like putting a sign on that says.. Take ME !! I hope he atleast had some kinda security measures for it, if its outside.

Comment

Working...
                                X