Product Warning for the Ladies, Bombshell boots

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Warning for the Ladies, Bombshell boots

THEY SUCK.

When we first looked at the new Icon catalog a few months ago we thought these boots would be awesome...

Now that I see the Ads in the Magazines "Yes, these are riding boots..."
    I'd beg to disagree..

So now she has the new Icon "Bombshell" ladies street-riding boot, and they sure looked nice out of the box but have crapped out in only a few months and less than 3k miles on her new bike...(zipper failing and leather not wearing well).

We'll be sending our email shortly in hopes of a good customer relations fix to this problem..

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

I should have known they were too good to be true. I'll continue to wish for Sidi's or Joe Rocket Speedmasters.
    This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
    BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

Now make sure you report it to Icon...for what I've heard they really stick by their products...geez I'm glad I didn't decide to go with those ones....they made my butt look big when I tried them on....
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

The only thing I have from them is the Mil Spec vest. The ID holder was weak and ripped in the middle. I need to get with them to see if they will resolve it.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

IMHO Icon doesn't make great gear....but it's inexpensive.

They're located here in Portland, and not many Portland riders wear it.

Comment

They are going to get huge though with Jason Britton sponsoring them. I like the way their stuff looks. I almost got one of their mesh jackets.
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by katanasoldier
              ...I like the way their stuff looks.
              That is their #1 priority...

Comment

great, I just ordered mine
                Is there anything else I should know about there bombshell leathers cause I just got the whole out fit
                should have read this post before I orderd my gear grrrrr
                Last edited by Nanakat; 10-06-2010, 09:01 PM.

Comment

I have one of their textile jackets, a Merc Stage II, that I've for three years (was wearing it when I wrecked the Kat) and it has held up well. I would write to their customer service department and give them a chance to fix the problem. I would buy another Icon product and will look into buying another of their jackets when this one wears out.

Comment

Wow, old thread...

But I'll say this... The boots left alot to be desired. That was 3 years ago... Hopefully our email and potentially all the other ladies who experienced the same problem my wife did led them to revise the boot... I haven't considered Icon for boots ever since... Their jackets on the other hand are pretty dang sturdy... We have two... A Tuscadero and a Ti-max 2 leather... Both in great shape after a few seasons.

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Working...
                    X