Icon Alliance Helmet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icon Alliance Helmet

Hey!

I have an Alliance with one of those vents on top. It seems to stick sometimes and I was wondering if you guys have ever had the same problem. I've never dropped my helmet ever and I haven't had a get-off in about seventeen years (so I obviously wasn't wearing the helmet).

Do any of you have this problem with the vent on this helmet? I love Icon gear, particularly the helmets. It just fits my head better than anything else I've tried on.

Thanks!
    Nobody looks back on his or her life and wishes they had spent more time at work.

Hey,
    I have the same lid..
    In fact I added red tape stripes to mine and the pop up vent still works.
    'course I have only used it 6 times..

At the same time I havent noticed the vent does anything. :P

Comment

Guys--not trying to be a wise-ass here....just wondering:

What safety ratings to the Icon's have? SNELL 2000? DOT? That new Euro standard?

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

snell M2000 and DOT (of course)
        It seems like a quality lid for the money..
        $165.
        A bit noisier than my old Aria,
        but the interior doesn't look/smell like moldy bread.

Comment

Its surprising all the lids that are dot/snell these days..and there names arent Arai,AGV, or shoei. Really gives ya good bang for the buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
            Its surprising all the lids that are dot/snell these days..and there names arent Arai,AGV, or shoei. Really gives ya good bang for the buck.
            Yeah, after having nothing but Bell & Simpson (when they were the top of the heap) helmets, I tried an Icon out this time. Couldn't be more pleased
            with my decision. 8)
            I ride, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
              HJC is all that too, and a bag of chips. So are Shark Helmets.

Sure sounded like Bisq wanted to launch into a rant about Icon being "Squid Gear" I say, it may not be coated in gold like a Arai or Shoei but at least it is a full face helmet with REAL Snell and DOT aprovel, not some Beanie Helmet with a fake DOT sticker on it.
              1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
              2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
              Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Originally posted by BearKat
                Sure sounded like Bisq wanted to launch into a rant about Icon being "Squid Gear"...
                No....let's not assume, now. I do not have ulterior motives. Do you have me cofused with someone else?

I asked because I didn't know. I see all kinds of brands out there, and I was curious about them. When I saw that someone had one, I thought that I'd ask.

If we ever reach the point where we can't openly discuss riding bikes on acid without even a modicum of civility, then the terrorists have won.

HORSE BANG!!! ........props to *GP*

Official coefficient of friction test dummy

Comment

from what Ive seen the Icon helmets do have vent issues. I know 2 guys who have had them break or fall off. Thats 2 out of 3 that I know who have them
                  Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

Originally posted by BISQ
                    Originally posted by BearKat
                    Sure sounded like Bisq wanted to launch into a rant about Icon being "Squid Gear"...
                    No....let's not assume, now. I do not have ulterior motives. Do you have me cofused with someone else?

I asked because I didn't know. I see all kinds of brands out there, and I was curious about them. When I saw that someone had one, I thought that I'd ask.
                    Sorry to assume you ment anything more than that.
                    1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                    2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                    Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

I really like the way the helmet feels. It's just right. Not too tight at all, but just snug enough to stay in place. Doesn't feel too heavy either. I like the Nolan flip faces a lot, but they were more expensive and not Snell approved, so I went with the Icon. I tried Arai and Shoei and everyone else, and they all didn't fit as well as the Icon.

Nobody looks back on his or her life and wishes they had spent more time at work.

Comment

Looks good.

The question came up a while back on another not to be named site, regarding the SNELL cert on a flip face/modular helmet. I posted up a link to SNELL at the time explaining they don't test them and why. I will look for the site info and repost it.

Here you go...

Snell FAQ's

BG posted a review link a few weeks ago that included extensive testing of Modulars. Here it is.

Batgirl's Post
                        AMA member # 224227

Comment

That is the lid I have!!
                          I was going to go for the mat black but thought it would show my grubby fingerprints..
                          (I often can't wait to go for a spin after working on the bike :P )

Comment

Just an FYI. Icon helmets are made in the same factory as HJC. Even though I am not *personally* a huge fan of all of Icon's stuff, the helmets are really nice. We have already sold four of the new skull helmets, and let me tell you, the pictures don't even do justice to the detail work on these things. Icon has really done an excellent job of hitting some untapped markets (females and the younger 20s crowd). That's not saying that those of us in our, um...30s, don't like it. But the younger crowd really is who eats the Icon stuff up. Be very careful not to drop your helmet, though, and break one of those vents. We had a customer who did that after his first ride out with it and I came to find out that Icon doesn't have replacement parts for that piece. GRRRRRRR!
                            If you're not on a SpeedWerks bike, you're probably behind one.

www.speedwerks.com

Comment

UPDATE:
                              The strap is supposed to be tamed by an elastic band type thingie.. Doesn't work for me.
                              I'm going to be adding Velco.
                              My old Aria had the snap.. That was cool, cheap too.
                              Wonder why Icon goofed on this simple item.
                              The strap gets loose and slaps against the lid..
                              Grrrrrr

Comment

Working...
                              X