X

gel seats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gel seats

anyone know where to get good afterarket gel seats for a 99 Katana?

The Suzuki OEM ones were made by Sergeant for Suzuki to remarket. First several batches had serious quality control problems because the OEM base pan couldn't take the heat of the curing ovens they used and lots of users complained of really bad fitments (gaps between the seat edge and the fairings exposing the wiring bundles to rain, etc).

I would guess you could still go to sergeant and get one. If not, your local upholstry shop should be able to add gel pads to your existing seat easily enough (you could do the same if you wanted -- Jax posted a good source of Marine-grade vinyl a while back and redid his see this thread for the how-to & pics ).

Meanwhile, many of us prefer the Corbin saddle instead, which replaces (at least on the 98+) the entire seat pan and seat with one that is broader in the butt area for both the rider & passenger, plus uses a denser foam in a thinner layer (gives you better support over a bigger area, but at the same time drops you down 1/2 - 1" over the stock seat -- and 1 - 2" over the OEM gel seat).

Although I have a blue kat & blue-leathered seat, here is the corbin on my previous red '00 as an example:

Good Luck!
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

They are pricey...but you get what you pay for!!! The "Lady" portion of the saddle is removeable for the smooth look. But if ya 2 up, I'm sure your partner will love it too
      It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

damn that Cyberpoet is a handsome guy!

Comment

You could do it yourself. Here is an example:

Comment

canadacelt. I am in the foam business. Although I don't deal gel, I do have a tone of other options that will work for you.

I would be happy to help you out.
            R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Working...
            X