X

The best or not...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best or not...

Do you guys find you wanna spend the money on whats considered the BEST gear (helmet,gloves,jacket, etc) or do you just buy what you can afford and go with it.

You can look at this from several ways...

A.. You only buy the best, because its the best according to studies, reports, tests, etc..and your hide is worth it, damn the costs !!

B.. You dont buy whats considered the best, because its just foolish spending when gear that is much less expensive will do the job as well.

C.. You dont buy whats considered the best, because you just cant afford it, so you buy the best you can, and be glad you atleast have gear period!

Just curious as to what drives you when you go to get gear.

I buy what makes me look good...so far...I have wasted a lot of money!

Comment

You mean you dont model it for badbilly first to get her approval ? well geez, no wonder your wallet is alittle lighter!!

Crunchie wont let me buy anything till she sees it on me first..Im trying to get her to just lay out my clothes for me each day too, but I just cant get her up in the mornings !

Comment

Simply put I buy the best I can afford. It's a trade off, I'd love to have some high end stuff, but the kids and wife like to eat and live in a nice house lol.

Ebay helps though .

I Haven't had a problem with my JR stuff yet, but that doesn't mean I don't start drooling when I see a nice Spyke or Spidi suit. And I'm always on the look out for a deal when I can find it.
        Kyle

Comment

+1 Woobie

Comment

Originally posted by kickitjp
            +1 Woobie
            Ditto!
            PAUL
            93 GSXF6 PIX.

"Opinions are like A$$holes, Everybody has one"

Comment

I buy what I can afford. Like helmets, I buy HJC. they are snell and DOT certified just like a Shoei. But the shoei has less wind noise and more comfort. At 40MPH I dont think it would make a difference.
              Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

i buy the best, if i can afford it, or i buy a decent one, then save up, i ahve the rossi GP-1 and i want a nice replica but i cant afford it right now

Comment

I bought what I could afford and what I thought didn't look TOO stupid . I also try to make sure the stuff SOUNDS like it might work halfway decent when (not gonna fool myself with "if") the next get-off happens . I learned that mesh isn't all it's cracked up to be in the last one ...
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Mesh is nice when it's not on the ground!! I buy what I can afford (but go as high as I can) and if it works, I don't care what it looks like (anyone remember my old purple jacket???)
                    sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                    MSF Rider Coach 27028
                    MoPowerSports.com
                    Torco
                    SoCalTrackDays

Comment

I just make sure that I buy well made gear. That does not mean that you have to buy the most expensive. Often the added cost is a result of the company's advertising budget.

Comment

exactly right.. a name isnt going to save your hyde..the quality of the gear will. My vega helmet looks sweet as hell, and alot more expensive looking than it really was. Its Dot/Snell and fits right.. all that matters to me!

Comment

That is like wanting Champaigne and can only afford a 40 of Beer! lol
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                          Who knows what is next?
                          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

nah, i prefer cheap wine to cheap beer!

Comment

beer=basketball shoes and champaigne=alpinestars
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                              X