Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Rocket Mantas Tank Bag

So it's funny looking, it works well.
    This is a small magnetic tank bag. It has a large cell phone pocket,
    a main pocket that can hold my gloves and a scarf and a rear pocket that would hold a sandwitch I guess.
    I got is as a birthday gift. Tried it out today.
    Not loaded up but keys, cell phone..
    However! I have no fairings on the Kat and the winds were gusting 20MPH
    I took a 20 mile highway ride at 60-80 mph with heavy cross and headwind. The bag never moved. It has an intergrated tank protector, retails for about $40 and includes a sholder strap and rain cover. I give it an A. For a small tank bag it gives a great return on the money.

just don't use the shoulder strap. It'll look too much like a purse. I make fun of my buddy matt for doing that.
    if its got 2 wheels or a skirt....i'll ride it.

Comment

Thats the one Im looking at getting as well...small enough for trips to work and such!

Comment

I just got one. Great for small trips. No window for maps, its a minus.
        In place of the cellphone, I fix a big digital clock and everything its fine.
        It helps to keep some airflow from your chest too.
        D&K

Comment

I have a nelson rigg and I love it.
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

Originally posted by zleviticus
            I have a nelson rigg and I love it.
            how is that compared to this unit ?

Comment

I purchased the exact same bag and it works great. I just came back from Bike Week and...uh....I was doing the speed limit and the bag never moved. Granted I was laying on it most of the time!

Comment

Wow... it actually looks like a mantas!!

Comment

I've had the JR sport tank bag with the extension on and at 140km/h is didn't budge.

Those bags looks perfect for the days you only have a few things to carry and keep stuff out of your pockets..
                  Kyle

Comment

I bought one in the fall. It fits really well
                    I don't need a girlfriend... Windows goes down on me everyday!

Comment

Very cool, I'd prefer that to the saddle bags for sure!
                      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

alot less hassle to put on / take off everytime you need it, too.

Comment

I wish it were a wee bit bigger

Comment

You guys are lucky. I've had one on order for over a month. There aren't any in Oz.

I contacted the Joe Rocket importers last week to ask when stock was arriving (as it was due about a week ago). Turns out none were shipped in the last order (like usual, the US takes priority). There is a shipment leaving the factory at the end of this month and they should be on that.

Oh well, no bike at the moment, so I'd only be staring at it anyway.
                            fulcrum (aka David)
                            Blue 2004 GSX750F
                            Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.--Isaac Asimov
                            If you can keep your head, while all around you are losing theirs, then you probably aren't grasping the situation

Crash virginity lost: March 6th 2005

Comment

Working...
                            X