Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

How do you clean your faceshield in the mist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you clean your faceshield in the mist?

I am becoming an all weather rider. So I am riding in today through some pretty heavy fog, and using my gloves to wipe off the mist. I have seen touring gloves with a wiper on them, which look like the best bet, but I would like to know what others are using...
    Regular gloved finger
    0%
    Touring glove with wiper
    0%
    Napkin
    0%
    Itty-bitty squeege on a string
    0%
    AMA member # 224227

My Firstgear gloves had the attached wiper deal , but it tore off . I'll still wipe my visor with my finger , just not as effective anymore . Sometimes turning your head to the side for a second will blow the condensation/rain off , but only if you're moving fast enough .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Soooo I need to ride faster! Got it...
      AMA member # 224227

Comment

Yeah , ride faster when you can't see at all , so you'll be able to see a little better ! No , seriously . on the highway if you turn your head to the side just for a second , all the rain will slide right off . You don't HAVE to be going that fast to get that effect , but it helps !

Comment

Hey any excuse to go faster right?
          AMA member # 224227

Comment

Originally posted by md86
            My Firstgear gloves had the attached wiper deal , but it tore off . I'll still wipe my visor with my finger , just not as effective anymore . Sometimes turning your head to the side for a second will blow the condensation/rain off , but only if you're moving fast enough .
            I do the side to side when going highway speeds. I look to the side and down. Just really blows when you have to slow down, then I just use my glove.
            Biker chicks know how to ride.....

Comment

hey try rain x i love that stuff works great on cars works great on my shields ..just dont buy hte rainx anti fog ..it $uck$ ..soo obad

Comment

fits right on your finger, right over your glove.

Comment

I WAS thinking about waxing my face shield to see if that might help keep the fog down , too ...

Comment

I turn my head sideways....water blows off

Comment

yea you can wax your shield we do that where i work with car's sunroofs ...you just need to get a really good high quality wax so the carnibu pieces and whatever else is in there wont make lil scratches in there...oh yea dont use a cleaner wax...too gritty and will eat the outside of your shield

Comment

Originally posted by duff daddy
                        yea you can wax your shield we do that where i work with car's sunroofs ...you just need to get a really good high quality wax so the carnibu pieces and whatever else is in there wont make lil scratches in there...oh yea dont use a cleaner wax...too gritty and will eat the outside of your shield
                        Carnuba or Caribou wax Duff? We have lots of Caribou wax in Canada...but it leaves an oily residue

Comment

Rain X rules! Side to side always works for me..

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                            Originally posted by duff daddy
                            Carnuba or Caribou wax Duff? We have lots of Caribou wax in Canada...but it leaves an oily residue

got me on that one rangie ....carnuba but rain x is a lil better then wax it wont glare

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Speed750
                              fits right on your finger, right over your glove.

Where do you get those? Looks effective, and thanks for the other responses, I use Plexus on my shield to clean it, but I will add some Rain-x and see what I get.
                              AMA member # 224227

Comment

Working...
                              X