X

Lids, whatcha got, whats the best.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lids, whatcha got, whats the best.

Im looking for a new lid, actually a matching set most likely, for myself and the other half. Currently I've got my Vega helmet, and its served me well, Kevlar/Fiberglass, lightweight, well vented, and of course quite comfortable. So its all good, but the wife's helmet is a bit old and needs replaced, so looking for your thoughts.

I've heard good things about Scorpion helmets as well.

Shoei RF1000! Nice helmet, light comfortable....

Venting is good, I actually can't open it as much as other helmets I've had...Too much wind!

Comment

Seconded

Comment

Maw has a closeout on their Nolan X-lite 901's and I just bought 1 ($99 ain't too bad for a decent lid) . I'll let you know how I like it in a couple of weeks , but I heard some good things about them on another board.
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Helmet

I also have a Shoei RF-1000. The upper venting is awesome, the lower one, well for me it just doesn't work. Fogs up like crazy even in the early mornings during the summer. For this reason it is now my spare helmet.

I recently purchased a KBC VR-1 helmet after trying on many lids here and there (Suomy, Arai (too expensive) HJC, Shark, Bell, AGV etc..). The KBC is very very comfortable but the top venting isn't as good when it gets really hot. It does't fog up though...so far so good. It's also half the price of an RF-1000. Check it out if you like at http://www.motorhelmets.com/htm1/hel...-table-vr1.htm.

Comment

I've always like the Shoei helmets. Can't beat one that was made to go with your bike. Here's my Shoei RF-900...and a shameless opportunity to whore my bike.

I miss my Gixxer

Officer Down Memorial Page

Comment

nice exhaust 977Blue...is it loud?

Comment

Suomy & I love it!
                Get on it and Ride!

Comment

Shark !! You can find them at a decent price if you look. Oh, and if Shane can be shameless, so can I. Look at that awesome helmet !!!

Some people are a lot like Slinkys.
                  Not really good for anything, but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

I have an AGV Demon Top. I got it from www.dtmaonline.com Paid about $150 with shipping. Take a look at their site. They have different types and at good prices. I am leaning more toward a Shoei myself. I really want an Arai. I have an XL Replica AGV helmet for sale.
                    www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I have an Arai Signet GT in all black. Love it.
                      - Sufyan.

Wearing helmets is NOT a civil rights issue - it is a safety issue, period!

Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

HJC nice helmet good venting love the two i have not a bad price all depends on how much $ you want to put out just remember is your head in side it if something happens spend some $ and get something good don't go to cheep
                        it would not be any fun if it was easy! but does it have to be this much fun!!
                        Give A Person Expetations To Live Up To Not to A Reputition To Live Down !!

Comment

Originally posted by 977blue

How long did it take for the dogs to outgrow that crate in the background? 5 months?

My bike still looks pretty good... thanx again for storing for me.

As for helmets.... I hafta agree with Jackal... SHARK!!

Comment

i love the Shark...next BikeShow..i'll try one on....

Comment

Originally posted by JACKAL
                              Shark !! You can find them at a decent price if you look.
                              I agree with Jackal (even if he doesn't like my stealth exhaust ) Shark makes great helmets. I had one, saved my noggin earlier this year. It's just difficult if you wear glasses 'cause it fits so snug. But they're darn comfortable and safe. The RSV Symbio is on sale here at Powersports for $199 CDN. Great deal

Comment

Working...
                              X