X

One piece or two piece leathers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One piece or two piece leathers?

I am shopping for leathers and I was wondering what everyone prefers?
    I think IMHO the two piece is more practical for me. What about you?
    I also found that if a person is over 6' tall it is very difficult to find a good fitting pair of pants or suit.
    TDA Racing/Motorsports
    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
    Who knows what is next?
    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
    Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

unless you are going to use them on a track more than anything else go with a two peice. It will give you the option to wear your jacket by itself without having to wear the leather pants all the time
    Info for the Ottawa Motorcycle Course

sigpic

Comment

Two pice is more practical, but one piece is top dog in security, specially in track days! (I have seen Dainese two piece broken in the zipper after a low side)
      PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

I'd go for a two piece as more practical for the street. Not only can you choose to wear only the jacket, but you can also mix and match your gear.

I have a speedmaster jacket and pants, but I can swap in my Hard drive or speedway jacket depending on the weather and they all use the same connecting zippers.

Just make sure if you do go 2 piece it has a full 360 waist zipper to make it track legal.
        Kyle

Comment

I like the 2 piece ... the pants can zip right into the jacket and turn it into a 1 piece in a heartbeat if need be. Plus you can save some money alot of times by purchasing a 2 piece matching jacket/pant set. 8)

Comment

I have a perforated leather 2-piece and love it. Protection of leather with excellent airflow to stay cool while riding and I can remove the jacket easily at rest stops when I'm not.

If I had to buy again... I would buy the same thing.
            Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

yea man 2 piece ...most of the time your not gonna wanna wear the whole thing but having hte seperate jacket is really nice. .i cant wait to try mine out but they get on you at some tracks bout draggen with out leather

Comment

I honestly ride with both pants and jacket pretty much everytime I ride...but I like to take the jacket off when I stop, go eat, etc. The two piece held up very well when I went down...I would only get a 1 piece if I went on a track all the time...and it would be only for that!

Comment

2 piece with fries.

Sorry , had a KFC craving for a sec.

Comment

I would really like to get a 2 peice leather outfit, perferablly preferated, but they don't seem to make them for guys with as big as a dunlap as I have.
                    Kan-O-Gixxer!
                    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
                    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
                    -Ohlins Susupension
                    -Various Other Mods

Comment

(Throws SweetLou a bone)
                      Dunlap?? Sweet Lou, whats a dunlap??

Comment

Working...
                      X